facebook

faces config files

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

isaacpeel

Hi,
    I have a project that uses multiple faces config file for JSF. Before I split out the files I was able to ctrl+click on references to my managed beans in JSP pages. This click would bring me to the method in the java class that the reference was related to. For example I could ctrl+click on #{SomeBean.someMethod} and be taken to that method. I also now see warnings from my eclipise saying that the “SomeBean” cannot be resolved. How do I tell my eclipse to use multiple JSF config files? How can I get the ctrl+click functionality to return? Thanks for all the help.

#271927 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Did you make sure to update your web.xml file to reference the multiple configuration files?

#271930 Reply

isaacpeel

Yes I’m sure my web.xml file references the faces config files. The application runs, everything works except MyEclipse doesn’t seem to be aware of the config files.

#271932 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm this sounds like it could be a bug. Is this project something you can share with me for testing purposes? (File > Export > Archive > ZIP, email to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, with a link to this thread for reference?)

#271934 Reply

isaacpeel

Sorry I can’t legally share the code in this project. Also I just zipped up the code to check and it’s 242MB compressed. I don’t think you’d want that in your inbox. I’ve gotten MyEclipse to recognize my managed beans in the JSPs. I still can’t ctrl+click them though as I used to.

#271938 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’ll take some time tomorrow and put together a sample project for the devs to look at, no worries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: faces config files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in