facebook

files missing when creating a web project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

yyang5823

I read the “Working with Web Project” article at MyEclipse Learning Center. The says that to create a web project, select “File->New->Project->MyEcplise->J2EE Project->Web Project”. I recently subscribed the MyEclise 5.5. I don’t see the same menu options when I run MyEclipse. The Menu options on my machine are “File->New->Project->MyEclipse->Java Enterprise Projects -> Web Project”. Is “Jave Enterprise Projects” same as “J2EE Project”? Is different menu option the result of using wrong perspective?

After the project is created, under the WebRoot, a “index.jsp” file is created automatically. I don’t see following 3 files that are mentioned the article:
    .classpath
    .mymetadata
    .project

When running MyEclipse, the current perspective is “MyEclipse Java Enterprise Development Perspective”. I think I must took a wrong step when creating the web project. But, I could not figure out how to fix it. Please help.

#273104 Reply

Loyal Water

Is “Jave Enterprise Projects” same as “J2EE Project”?

Yes

After the project is created, under the WebRoot, a “index.jsp” file is created automatically. I don’t see following 3 files that are mentioned the article:
    .classpath
    .mymetadata
    .project

Go to Windows > Show View > Other > General and select Navigator. You should see these files in the navigator view.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: files missing when creating a web project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in