facebook

Full Menu under Linux (ubuntu)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

mangelo123
    Participant

Once I run ME 9 there is an incomplete menu on the top menu bar (linux). The only menu item available is Window.

?

#318357 Reply

support-swapna

mangelo123 ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with MyEclipse.

Can you answer some more questions for me to understand the issue better?

1) How did you install the MyEclipse ? Is it using Pulse / All-In-One installer / Archived update site?

2) Is this a fresh install of MyEclipse 9 or did you update it from a previous version ?

3) Did you install any third party plugins which might have caused this issue ?

4) Can you start the IDE, switch to a new workspace and check if the issue exists ? Check the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for any errors logged. If yes then paste them here.

5) In case your new workspace exhibits same problem, then I recommend you to re-install. You could use pulse for a faster re-install. Here are the steps –

1. Open Pulse (Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer)
    2. Login to pulse
    3. Select “Eclipse – Helios” realm from top left hand corner dropdown
    4. Select “MyEclipse 9” profile from “My Profiles”, right click on the same and click on [re-install and run]
    5. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps

Let me know how this works for you.

#318369 Reply

eMPy

Hello,

I have the same problem here. I am running Gnome 3 (unity) and MyEclipse 9.1 (Build Id: 9.1-20110701). I reinstalled Myeclipse several times (through the allinoneinstaller; had the problem already with version 9.0) without success. Switching the workspace has no effect. Due to the problem switching the workspace is only possible while restarting. Shortcuts like refactorings aren’t available either. I attached the workspace log for more detail.

Thanks and regards,
    Mathias

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #318373 Reply

support-swapna

eMPy ,

Sorry that you are running into this issue with MyEclipse.

Here is an FAQ about MyEclipse menu and Ubuntu global menu bar. Please try the suggestions:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-myeclipse-menu-amp-ubuntu-global-menu-bar/

Let me know how this works for you.

#318380 Reply

mangelo123
    Participant

Thank you for this solution . I wrote a small script as instructed by the second option. The full menu now appears on the ME window and not the Ubuntu Unity Desktop menu.

Mike

#318389 Reply

support-swapna

mangelo123 ,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

#318409 Reply

eMPy

Hello,

thanks for the pointer. However, the UBUNTU_MENUPROXY part did not work out of the box as the Ubuntu launcher did not recognize it. I just wrote a little script which exported the variable with 0. THe I just used the script in the launcher and everything works now.

The following did the job:

#!/bin/sh
    export UBUNTU_MENUPROXY=0 
    <PATH TO MYECLIPSE>/myeclipse

Thanks for the help and regards,
    Mathias

#318424 Reply

support-swapna

eMPy ,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

#318428 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Mathias,

Thanks for pointing out the error in the FAQ. This has now been corrected. You can still set up a launcher but need to invoke the shell to run the command mentioned.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Full Menu under Linux (ubuntu)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in