facebook

Generate eclipse/myeclipse project files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

brenner

Hi all,

I have a big(!) application which I devided into a lot of “small” components (about 50). Each component may depend on other components and libraries. I plan to use eclipse (with myeclipse). Because there are so many components I am unable to create eclipse (and myeclipse) project manually for each component.
    I wrote a script file to generate the eclipse project (and classpath) files (with project/librarty dependecies), same for myeclipse project files.
    My problem is, that some features dont work properly with the generated project files; but they work well with manuell created projects.
    Here a specifc example: When I use “link to folder in the file system” for a webroot folder (say “webroot”) and the (target) folder is “files/webroot” every jsp/html error is indicated in both folders! In a web project created by the wizzard any jsp/html error is indicated only in the ‘virtual’ folder (“webroot”), which is correct.
    Now my question:
    * is it possible to generated myeclipse project files and import them into eclipse?
    * the attribute “id” in the file .mymetadata contains an id (e.g. “myeclipse.1111152009156”), is the id important or is it just and only a unique key without further purpose?
    * do you have any documents about the myeclipse project file settings (.mymetadata, .mystrutsdata)?

With best regards

Steve Brenner
    [/list]

#226915 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I have asked a developer to comment, but because this isn’t supported I can’t garuntee they will if they are swamped with work.

#226922 Reply

Riyad Kalla

One of the developers replied to me with this, I hope it helps (although I think you are already on the right track):

* is it possible to generated myeclipse project files and import them into
    eclipse?
    Theoretically, I’d suggest you take a working one and use it as a template
    and generate new ones off of it.

* the attribute “id” in the file .mymetadata contains an id (e.g.
    “myeclipse.1111152009156”), is the id important or is it just and only a
    unique key without further purpose?
    It’s simply a globally unique identifier, but it must be maintained when the
    project is referenced by an EAR project, for example.

* do you have any documents about the myeclipse project file settings
    (.mymetadata, .mystrutsdata)?
    No.

Good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Generate eclipse/myeclipse project files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in