facebook

generating artifacts error with mysql

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jiaqingpan

Hi,

When I try to reverse engineer and the table has foreign key references to other tables and vice versa, I get the following error message.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2008-06-25 23:38:51.281
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mysql/jdbc/DatabaseMetaData$LocalAndReferencedColumns
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.parseTableStatusIntoLocalAndReferencedColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:6915)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getResultsImpl(DatabaseMetaData.java:4375)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getExportKeyResults(DatabaseMetaData.java:3163)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.access$400(DatabaseMetaData.java:64)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData$4.forEach(DatabaseMetaData.java:3103)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.IterateBlock.doForAll(IterateBlock.java:50)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getExportedKeys(DatabaseMetaData.java:3048)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect.getExportedKeys(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:165)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.processForeignKeys(JDBCReader.java:166)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCReader.java:93)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration$1.readDatabaseSchema(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:104)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:89)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:137)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$7.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:856)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:89)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:837)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:401)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

This makes no sense since I checked the corresponding JAR file and there is the

DatabaseMetaData$LocalAndReferencedColumns.class file inside.

I am thinking maybe there’s an issue with the fact that it is an inner class?

Could anyone please help me ASAP, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

#286375 Reply

Brian Fernandes

jiagingpan,

Could you please answer the following questions:
    1) What MyEclipse version are you using?
    2) What exact MySQL version are you using?
    3) What MySQL Driver version are you using? We have seen problems in the past when the driver being used does not correspond to the database being used, in some cases, using the mysql debug JDBC driver has caused such issues. Please mention the name of the Driver JAR file

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: generating artifacts error with mysql

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in