facebook

Generating DAO and Abstract to a different folder?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

UDC

We have a large project (several hundred + tables). I was wondering if there is somewhere I could configure to generate the DAO and Abstract POJO’s to a sub class of the main class.

For instance, I would want to generate-

package.MyPojo
    package.base.AbstractMyPojo
    package.dao.MyPojoDAO

This would better organize our source. I have been changing templates, which works great, now just wondering if I can change generation location somewhere….

Thanks!

#256067 Reply

Brian Fernandes

UDC,

I’m glad you’re getting by so far with the templates. There is no way for you to currently change the location of the generated code, but this is the second request we’ve received for it.
    I’ll ask the Hibernate team to look into this. We won’t be doing this for 5.0GA but maybe a release or two after that.

Best,
    Brian.

#256180 Reply

Steve Prior

I like the DAO objects in a different directory as well. I just go ahead and generate them with the XML mappings and POJO objects in the same directory, then simply refactor the DAO objects out to the diectory I really wanted. Not quite as nice as generating them where you wanted the first time, but the refactor->move function is so easy to use it isn’t a big deal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Generating DAO and Abstract to a different folder?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in