facebook

Getting access to Copilot

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

overman42
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed latest 2024 MyEclipse and installed the Copilot plugin.

Trying to sign-in to Gitgub with the device code in the authorization dialog, and Github response is “Congratulations, you’re all set!
    Your device is now connected.”

However, MyEclipse response is: “Authorization request failed. Your subscription may be expired. Please try again to resume use of Copilot features”.

What am I doing wrong or has misunderstood? From what I read the subscription to Copilot is included in my MyEclipse subscription.

Thanks.

#701407 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I’m afraid you have misunderstood – a GitHub Copilot subscription is not included with your MyEclipse subscription. You would need to have an active subscription with GitHub, as mentioned in our FAQ: https://www.genuitec.com/products/copilot4eclipse/docs/faq/

Could you please let us know what you read/saw that led you this conclusion? We would like to review and clarify to avoid such interpretations in the future.

Thanks!

#701418 Reply

overman42
    Participant

OK, got it. I now have a GitHub subscription and then the sign-in works all the way. Will be interesting to try out this feature.

I just read the “Copilot Quick Start Tips” and “CoPilot Overview” and got excited about this. Maybe you should add that a paid subscription (or trial) to GitHub is needed to access this feature. But I admit I’m a bit lazy too so I should have looked further for that information, I’m not up-to-date with the Java world these days…

However, Thanks for your fast support and a great product!

#701432 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for clarifying, and your suggestion – we do mention “subscription required” in the FAQ, but I see that perhaps it isn’t clear/obvious enough in other areas of the site.

I’m glad you were able to get Copilot working – I hope you enjoy both MyEclipse 2024 and Copilot4Eclipse!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Getting access to Copilot

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in