facebook

Help?! need help with MDBs/web-app posting to Queue [JNDI]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Brice Ruth

I’m trying to put together a basic “proof-of-concept” enterprise application that has one EJB component (an MDB) and one web module component (a Struts application that sends a message to a queue).

I’m trying to follow the example provided in the J2EE 1.3 tutorial for the SimpleMessageClient, but I’m getting a bit tripped up with JNDI. The SimpleMessageClient JAR has a jndi.properties file that apparently is considered when the InitialContext is created – I’ve done some googling and I think I’ve figured that bit out (not sure what all the entries mean, exactly, but I’ll get there). Within the JARs META-INF directory, however, is an application-client.xml and jboss-client.xml file that I’m guessing is key to the JNDI stuff hooking up properly between the client and the jBoss server.

I have no idea how to generate these (XDoclet?!) or where they would even go in a WAR.

I’m running Eclipse 3.0M6 w/ MyEclipse 3.6.2 against jBoss 3.2.3.

Any assistance would be much appreciated – the J2EE literature I have right now is close to worthless … first, its J2EE 1.4, second – the only Servlet/JSP example they have accesses a Session/Entity bean, and the only MDB example they have is used from a command-line client like SimpleMessageClient.

TIA!
    Brice Ruth

#205107 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Brice,

I can’t offer any direct advice since your question is so specific to JBoss and MDB usage. However, I found a few sources through this search that might help you out:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=JBoss+MDB+example&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

#205112 Reply

Brice Ruth

I’ve gotten things working now – I just need to sit down and figure out what the best way is to auto-generate those files through XDoclet.

#205118 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Brice,

That’s great to hear. When you manage to get the XDoclet tweaked out the way you like it, could you post a little description as a followup to help the rest of our users that are trying to walk the same path? 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Help?! need help with MDBs/web-app posting to Queue [JNDI]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in