facebook

Help setting up multiple project with Hibernate?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gcormier

Whew, man, things start to get complicated with all these friggin frameworks.

I’ve got application A and application B, both web applications.

They both use, let’s say, Customer and Receipt and ForSale objects. All from a database. They also haev some of their own objects.

So I’ve converted application A to hibernate. Great.

Now I’m trying to convert the shared part, which was just straight up Java Beans that had some JDBC in them.

Problem is, there is project C which doesn’t actually execute in any way.. it’s just classes that are shared. It’s a POJ project… nothing fancy. I JAR it up, and my web applications use it.

Now I want to convert this common collection to Hibernate.

How do I go about this? I can’t convert it to a web app because A) It doesn’t make sense to and B) I need ME to automagically export my JAR for me when I deploy.

Wrapping my mind around it is.. well, perhaps too much to ask of my brain on a friday morning. I figured there’s lots of good Java brains here so I’d ask 😉

Thanks,
    Greg

#235793 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Greg,
    Even though it’s a plain Java Project, you should still be able to right click on the project root > MYEclipse > Add Hibernate Capabilities to it.

#235924 Reply

gcormier

Would this not include all those JAR’s inside my project JAR that ME creates? Making the JAR file huuuge?

#235928 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We will eventually move over all project capabilities to a library-based solution that adds the files to your build path without copying them into your project, but for the time being unless you create a user library, MYEclipse will copy all the hibernate files in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Help setting up multiple project with Hibernate?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in