facebook

Help with setup with oracle connection

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Chris

I don’t understand how to run queries against an oracle database. I created the connection and it connects fine (thru db browser view) but when I try to create a query through sql editor it does not have the pull down menus that are shown here: http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.doc/doc/quickstarts/dbexplorer/index.html
    figure 20. It looks just like a generic editor with no buttons/drop down. Is there any other documentation besides that. It also tries to connect to a databse that I thought I deleted( it no longer shows up in the db browser).

#226937 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am researching this…

#226966 Reply

support-jeff

Does not sound like you have the SQL Editor open. If all you see is a plain old text editor, that is. How are you opening in the SQL Editor? Also, please provide the standard support info (version of eclipse, ME, etc.) as well as version of Oracle, etc. Lastly, check to see if any errors are being generated in the eclipse error log file (WORKSPACE_DIR/.metadata/.log) related to the sqlexplorer plugin.

#227001 Reply

Chris

Eclipse v3.0.1
    MyEclipse v3.8.3
    Oracle 10g
    MS XP operating system

Does not sound like you have the SQL Editor open.

Correct, the SQL Editor was not open.

How are you opening in the SQL Editor?

File -> New -> SQL Editor. When I opened the database there were initially no tables. When I tried to open SQL Editor it didn’t give me the correct editor (with the pull down showing which db) even though I was connected to the db. After I created a table using notepad, uploading directly to the db server and the manually running to create an initial table I was able to right click on the table and open SQL Editor and the correct editor showed up. My question is how would I be able to open the SQL Editor if there are no tables in the db?

Lastly, check to see if any errors are being generated in the eclipse error log file (WORKSPACE_DIR/.metadata/.log) related to the sqlexplorer plugin.

I don’t seem to have a .metadata directory, not sure why.

#227004 Reply

Chris

I do have the .metadata dir. I looked in the wrong spot. The file is huge and I’m in the process of going through looking for the errors.

#227017 Reply

support-jeff

Betting I know what is happening. When you did the File -> New -> SQL Editor boogie, you didn’t happen to rename the suggested filename from ‘newfile.sql’ to something without a *.sql name, did you? If so, that is the problem. Like most editors, SQL Editor created via the new file mechanism wants a file extension to trigger opening the correct editor after the file is created in the workspace.

#227180 Reply

Chris

Steps I did.
    Connect to a database that does NOT have any tables already made
    Create New Project “New J2EE Web Project” Name it test
    Under src folder, right-click select the following New-> Other -> { SQL Editor or SQL File } -> Rename it something.sql -> Finish
    The editor created does not have the pull down menu showing
    Put in some code:
    create table t
    (
    n number primary key
    );
    Right-click and “Execute”
    This works, but the pull-down and buttons are not there
    Click to MyEclipse Database view
    Right click the table you just created and “Generate Select statement in SQL Editor”
    This will bring up the correct editor with the pull-down and buttons, the original (something.sql) does not have these.
    If you drop the table you just created there is no place to right-click and get the SQL Editor up.

#227181 Reply

Chris

I’m haveing the same issues as this post. But I’m on Win XP
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-6576.html

#227227 Reply

support-jeff

If I recall correctly, there were some issues with editors in ME in 3.8.3 when it first was released. Have you migrated to 3.8.4 yet? Can you do so and verify whether this occurs still. I cannot reproduce the issue, and the other issue reported is a known problem with SWT in MacOS. Did you find any error entries related to sqlexplorer?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Help with setup with oracle connection

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in