facebook

Hibernate 3.2 Core Libraries – empty after upgrade

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

After upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5, I found that my Java Hibernate enabled projects all have errors. When I look at the projects, I found that the “Hibernate 3.2 Core Libraries ” library (in the Java Build Path, Libraries tab) is empty. All of the JAR files that should be displayed aren’t showing.

Another symptom is that I can’t open Preferences: Project Capabilities -> Hibernate. The preferences box displays the error “The current displayed page contains invalid values.” and the dialog box says “A container must contain at least one JAR”. The problem is the preferences page does not display, so I can’t enter any JAR files anywhere.

Does anyone know where this configuration files lives, so I could fix it manually? Or am I missing something bigger?

Cheers,
    Jonathan

#299642 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Jonathan,

Are you sure you are unable to get to the Project Capabilities > Hibernate page? Even if it pops up a few error dialogs, it eventually should show up – if you hit restore defaults, this should restore all your Hibernate JARs into the container. I’m afraid any customizations you may have made will be lost.

If you can’t do the above, shut down MyEclipse, go to “<workspace folder>\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings” and delete the com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.prefs file. Then restart MyEclipse, this should have the same effect as the above steps

Please let me know if you need further assistance, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

#299663 Reply

Brian,

Thank you. I couldn’t see the preferences page. I did find the preference file you mentioned. It turns out the data in the file has a blank entry for the 3.2 core libraries. (It also has a few other bad entries). If I leave this file in place, the preferences doesn’t work.

If you would like me to email you the file (or attach it some way to the BBS) let me know.

I renamed the bad file, and then the preferences were recreated and everything works fine. Thank you for the help!

Jonathan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hibernate 3.2 Core Libraries – empty after upgrade

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in