facebook

Hibernate 3 – no generation of foreign keys relation

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Markus Becker
    Participant

Hi.

The generated mapping not shows anymore the foreign keys relations since updating my winxp system from eclipse 3.1 (with myeclipse 4.0 GA) to eclipse 3.1.2 (with myeclipse 4.1 GA) i have a problem with the hibernate 3 mapping generator. (Database is Oracle 8.1.7)

To check this problem on a fresh installed eclipse version i did install the latest eclipse and myeclipse version into a vmware XP installation. After importing my project i could generate the mapping file (with foreign keys) without problems. But very strange thingy, after a second try to generate it (i switched from hibernate to java types) the mapping again lose all foreign keys relations.

Regards,

MB

#247133 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Markus,

On page 2 of the Reverse Engineering wizard, there is a “Generate basic typed composite IDs” checkbox.
    Can you make sure it’s checked and try again?

Best,
    Brian.

#247136 Reply

Markus Becker
    Participant

Brian,

i just did run the wizard with the “Generate basic typed composite IDs”. But it stays to generate no more foreign keys relation.

But at least i did create a new project and there all generated mappings works again without problems. So it seems it has something to do with my current project. I did remove the hibernate capabilities there (via remove the .project entrys) and add them again over the “Add hibernate capabilities” switch. But each try to generate mappings not shows the foreign keys relation. Anyway, i can live with the workaround to use a dummy project for this case.

Thanks so far

MB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hibernate 3 – no generation of foreign keys relation

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in