facebook

hibernate & frontbase

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’ve just started playing with myeclipse hibernate tools following the tutorial. It worked fine to create a db connection profile for frontbase (version 3.6.43, JDBC latest driver 2.4.7) using the DB browser. Unfortunetaly, after conecting to the database and right clicking on a table I don’t see the menu item ‘create hibernate mapping’. There is only ‘select sql’, ‘create sql’ and ‘copy name’ available.

The funny thing is, inside the ‘view’ node the menu item ‘create hibernate mapping’ is available and works well!!!

I should mention, that I am not able to regenerate a ER diagram from my existing schema recieving the message ‘Error: no “TABLE” node found’. Indeed, the myeclipse DB Browser there is no “TABLE” node. All the tables are displayed under the node named ‘BASE TABLE’.

Does myeclipse require the “TABLE” node?

I hope I am not the first guy running frontbase with myeclipse, because I didn’t find anything in the web about it.

thanks in advance for any response

#227207 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#227214 Reply

of course, sorry

Eclipse: 3.0.1
    MyEclipse: 3.8.4
    JDK version for eclipse + tomcat5.5: 1.5.0_01 (b08)

Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? Yes

Are any other external plugins installed? Yes, Omondo UML, Visual Editor, Tomcat Plugin from Sysdeo, CSS Editor from Sourceforge and Quantum DB Util

How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*? 7 (build_3.0.1, core_3.0.1, doc.user_3.0.0, junit.runtime_3.0.0, runtime_3.0.1, source_3.0.1, ui_3.0.1) + pde_3.0.1

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? I had discribed in my first post

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? Unfortunetaly not

#227226 Reply

support-jeff

Interesting. ‘BASE TABLE’ must be the vendor specific name for the catalog of tables in Frontbase. The ERD wont generate because the code is looking for just TABLE. This is a bug that will need to be addressed.

As for why the “Create Hibernate Mapping” action does not show in DE for your database, that is a truly odd one. There is no reason it should not. Have you tried doing a completely clean install of Eclipse and ME (w/o the other plugins you listed) and see if the same thing happens? I do not have access to a Frontbase db instance to verify this.

#240963 Reply

Dennis Young

I’ve run into the same problem with FrontBase. I’m running Eclipse 3.1.1 with MyEclipse 4.0.1. (FrontBase 3.6.12) (Unable to see menu options for Hibernate in the Popup menu)

Was this resolved?

Dennis Young dlyoung@uta.edu

*** Date: Mon Nov 07 15:23:45 CST 2005

*** System properties:
    OS=mac os x
    OS version=10.4.3
    Java version=1.4.2_09

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.0.3 GA
    Build id: 20051025-4.0.3-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.1
    Build id: M20050929-0840

Eclipse Platform

Eclipse RCP

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Eclipse Project SDK

Eclipse startup command=-os
    macosx
    -ws
    carbon
    -arch
    ppc
    -launcher
    /Applications/eclipse/3.1.1/Eclipse.app/Contents/MacOS/eclipse
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    -keyring
    /Users/dlyoung/.eclipse_keyring
    -consoleLog
    -showlocation
    -vm
    /usr/bin/java

(no error log)

#240967 Reply

Dennis Young

This same issue is also discussed by one of our people back in May-Jun at http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7096

It looks like part of your challenge is getting an instance of FrontBase to test against…. FrontBase offers a free copy of their database for developer use.

http://www.frontbase.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/FrontBase

Dennis Young dlyoung@uta.edu

#240988 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dennis,
    We appologize for the delay, this has been quite a low priority item for us in a sea of high priority things we’ve been trying to nail down, however I have filed and issue for our team to look into ASAP given that we have some time after 4.1 M1 gets out the door this week.

#241833 Reply

Dennis Young

Any news?

Dennis
    dlyoung@uta.edu

#241882 Reply

Dennis Young

I was able to get Middlegen working to make this happen (generate the *.hbm.xml files), but, at first, it blew up for Frontbase – for possibly the same reason. I didn’t see a ref. to Middlegen in your credits, but this may help you figure out the problem…

I had to mod. the source for middlegen.MiddlegenPopulator.addRegularTableElements() to test for FrontBase’s “BASE TABLE”:

if (“TABLE”.equals(tableType) || “BASE TABLE”.equals(tableType) ||

(_middlegen.getMiddlegenTask().isIncludeViews() && “VIEW”.equals(tableType)) ||

(“SYNONYM”.equals(tableType) && isOracle())) {

Then, recompile the tool, etc. Seemed to fix it.

Please let me know when I can begin to use the tool in MyEclipse. Thanks.

#241884 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We don’t use middlegen for our mapping generations, although the code that does do the generation is getting replaced in the 4.1 release.

As for your original report we have not addressed it yet, there are quite a few other high priority items we are focused on right now, my appologies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: hibernate & frontbase

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in