facebook

Hibernate and multiple projects

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gcormier

Is anyone using Hibernate in multiple projects? In multiple projects that have a common JAR to them? I’m on the verge of insanity here.. posting anywhere I can to try and find a solution.

To make a really complicated story very short.. I want to have a CommonTools project that has various hibernate classes and their configs all packaged together, since a lot of my applications use these classes. Why duplicate them all over the place.

Has anyone done this?

#238432 Reply

Riyad Kalla

gcormier,
    This was one of the biggest requests for why we added the deployment/autopacking of dependent projects. Just rip out all your hibernate stuff, create a new Java Project (CommonTools, Persistence, whatever you wanna call it) and then move all that code out of the web projects into it, then go into the web projects and mark that project as referenced AND in the build path, then be sure to set your deployment settings to “Deploy dependent projects”, I usually suggest the “JAR and place in my lib dir” option, this is all outlined here in section 10.1:
    http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/webprojects/index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Hibernate and multiple projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in