facebook

Hibernate Artifacts without schema possible?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chaertl

Hello,

I think I have very specific problem, but nevertheless, I hope someone can help me.

Our database-system is non-relational but index-sequential and called Enscribe which is used on HP Nonstop Systems. We already managed to get access to the database in a more modern way: we now have an ODBC-Tool called DynaAccess. The connection to the Enscribe DB is working, that means I can access the tables and data via an JDBC-ODBC Bridge and the MyEclipse(6.0.0.1) DB Browser. I can see all types of informations: column-names, data-types, primary keys etc.
    But the big problem is, that Enscribe has no DB-Schema. So it is not possible to create hibernate mappings and pojo’s through reverse-engeneering. Is there any possibility to get this done without a schema? Or can I create a schema myself? Because all the information needed for a hibernate mapping is there, but unfortunately not in a schema.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
    Christian

Here is the corresponding error-log entry:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2007-08-21 15:12:14.378
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Could not get list of tables from database. Probably a JDBC driver problem.
    Configured schema:null
    Configured catalog:Default Catalog
    Available schemas:
    Available catalogs:

at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.handledNonSpecificException(SQLStateConverter.java:103)
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:91)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.handleSQLException(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:40)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:62)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.processTables(JDBCReader.java:433)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.JDBCReader.readDatabaseSchema(JDBCReader.java:67)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration$1.readDatabaseSchema(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:104)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinder.readFromDatabase(JDBCBinder.java:89)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:137)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$7.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:827)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:89)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:811)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:381)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
    Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [DynaAccess ODBC Driver] Invalid descriptor index
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.standardError(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbc.SQLGetDataString(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getDataString(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
    at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcResultSet.getString(Unknown Source)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect.putTablePart(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:104)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect.access$000(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:18)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.JDBCMetaDataDialect$1.convertRow(JDBCMetaDataDialect.java:31)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.reveng.dialect.ResultSetIterator.next(ResultSetIterator.java:59)
    … 11 more

#274157 Reply

Loyal Water

This is not possible. Sorry about that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Artifacts without schema possible?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in