facebook

Hibernate Console Classpath

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Luca Gambineri
    Participant

Hi all,
    I try to config classpath for hibernate console in MyEclipse Hibernate Perspective but it seem to be impossible..
    I would like to replicate the behavior of the Hibernate Console Plugin (3.2 Beta7)
    Any suggestions ??
    Thanks!!

#258490 Reply

Haris Peco

inspect.it ,

You don’t have to config classpath in MyEclipse – add Hibernate (or Spring) capabilities in your project and create *.hql file – MyEclipse will config classpath for you

Best
    Peco

#258491 Reply

Luca Gambineri
    Participant

I have done… but it doesn’t work.
    Adding “Hibernate Capabilities” to a project I have thought that “hibernate console” took the project classpath… but it doesn’t happen. In the “original” Console Plugin I can define classes and resources to be used by console (../bin, ../xxx.jar and so on) so I can test HQL query using (also) “external” classes.

Best

#258492 Reply

Haris Peco
    I have done... but it doesn't work. 

Please, send us more details

– your database configuration (database , jdbc …)
    – your error log when you create and/or execute *.hql (Windows-Show view-Other-PDE runtime-Error log)

There isn’t Hibernate console in MyEclipse – MyEclipse configure classpath from project’s claspath

Thanks

#258493 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hi,

We do not support the “original” console plugin. However, as Peco said above, our HQL editor will setup the classpath such it is identical to your project’s classpath – all JARs and binary classes in your project should be visible. Dependent projects are not added to this classpath.

If you can give us a better idea of what is going wrong, we’ll be able to provide more support. Could you elaborate exactly what you mean by “external” classes?
    Also, please answer all relevant questions asked here: [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL]

Best,
    Brian.

#258494 Reply

Luca Gambineri
    Participant

Hi Brian,

so if I need (and I NEED!! ) to include dependent projects in my console classapth (to test queries)
    I have to create “.jar” file(s) and add this (these) to the ‘current’ project classpath ?
    Any other suggestion ?
    Thanks very much !!

#259082 Reply

nclemeur

I would also be interested in that capability. I have some custom types that are residing on a dependent project and because of that I can’t use the HQL Editor and so on…

Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Nicolas

#259091 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hi guys,

Unfortunately there is no work around right now other than making required classes available on the classpath of the main project, without using project references.

During design we assumed that this would be a very rare use case but evidently it is not. Your reports increase the priority of multi-project support for the HQL editor, we hope to be able to implement this in the next release.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused until then and thank you for the feedback.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Console Classpath

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in