facebook

Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hpurandare

Hi,

I have Eclipse 3.2 and Myeclipse 5 and also have the Hibernate 3.2.0 beta plugin.
    When I goto HQL and type a query, I still get a message in Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator saying ‘No HQL Query editor selected’.
    When I had Eclipse 3.1, with Hibernate 3.1.alpha, this used to work properly with Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator.

Now, with Myeclipse 5, there is a Myeclipse Hibernate Perspective too.
    But I do not get any HQL editor when I goto this perspective.

I’m not sure if I’m missing anything to get Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator working.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks,
    Himanshu

#260762 Reply

Haris Peco

Himanshu,

When you use Hibernate 3.2.0 beta plugin (I suppose that it is Hibernate Tools 3.2.0 beta x) you have 2 hql editors : one is MyEclipse and other is
    Hibernate Tools.You don’t have to make some specific settings for MyEclipse hql editor except adding ‘hibernate capabilities’ in project, but for Hibernate Tools you have to make ‘Console Configuration’ (check Hibernate Tools documentation for details)
    It mean that you have to check what Hql Editor you use (you can check with rigth click on hql file and choose ‘Open with’).

What is reason that you use Hibernate Tools with MyEclipse ?
    MyEclipse have simpler interface and much easier configuration, but newer version Hibernate Tools have some added features.
    If you don’t need new features it is easier that you use MyEclipse.We will add more features in release 5.1 (end of year).

Regards,
    Peco

#260769 Reply

hpurandare

Peco,

Thanks for your reply.
    Initially, I tried only with Myeclipse hibernate plugin to utilise the HQL. Unfortunately, I was not able to do so. I’m not sure if I missed anything then!
    Hence I imported the hibernate plugin and started using that.
    I’m not sure if having two Hinernate perspectives (Myeclipse and Hibernate plugin) causes any conflicts.
    I’ll try using only Myeclipse again to see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
    Himanshu.

#260770 Reply

Haris Peco

Himanshu,

You can try follow Hiberante tutorial (Help>Help contents>MyEclipse Learning Center>Spring/Hibernate development>Hibernate development)

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Dynamic Query Translator

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in