facebook

Hibernate Generator – java class and xml file [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’m was using 3.8 beta 2 and it was working fine. Now that I have upgraded to 3.0GA I’m having serious problems.

Using the database explorer – I select a table to generate and what type of properites – and it does nothing. Not java files or hibernate xml file is generated.

I tried making the project “enabled” with Hibernate – and still the same result.

I’m a little disappointed because this was working in the prior beta version. Something is not right.

For the record – I’m using XP, Eclipse 3.0 and just upgraded to the GA release today. I hope you guys have a bug fix for this soon.

To be clear on this – when I click the checkbox to update hibernate config files – it does generate. I was used to it generating only a single hbm file and then I coordinate these manually. Or I should say – I was expecting it to work in much the same way the beta release was working.

Also – I noticed the update feature is not working with myeclipse – I mean you probably don’t have a release ready – but still the application should not fail abruptly.

In all fairness and seriousness tho – you guys are doing ok – definitely a A- ( some room for improvement but still doing ok. )

#212455 Reply

Riyad Kalla

AFAIK this is a known bug as well as a few others in the hibernate module that were actually fixed in our source tree but didn’t get included in our GA release. However these fixes will go out in the quickfix for 3.8 that we are going to keep working on until we either a) die or b) ship it.

#212460 Reply

support-jeff

@gregopad39 wrote:

Using the database explorer – I select a table to generate and what type of properites – and it does nothing. Not java files or hibernate xml file is generated.

By nothing you mean no progress bar, no indicator of any action whatsoever? Please provide as much detail as you can. Are there any error dialogs or messages in the Eclipse Error Log?

@gregopad39 wrote:

I tried making the project “enabled” with Hibernate – and still the same result.

You have to have at least one Hibernate-enabled project already established before you can even create a mapping. So you get nothing even after doing so? You should see for each table you selected:
    Abstract<TableName>.java
    <TableName>.java
    <TableName>.hbm.xml
    <TableName>Key.java (if the pk for the table is a composite key)
    Also, if you selected to update the config file, hibernate.cfg.xml should contain a reference to the mapping file. Could you verify?

There is a known issue with composite keys in which one or more of the pk columns is also a foreign key reference to another table. Is that the case here as well?

Could you send me info on what database and driver you are using? Could you also send along the DDL for the table(s) you are trying to map?

Thanx!

#212526 Reply

czerwonka

They should have not release the Hibernate tools. They’re fairly primitive (unless I don’t know how to use them very well) and buggy. I did get them to generate the mappingfiles from the database, but the XML is invalid for the connection properties. My existing app uses a property file, but the tool only allows the properties via the XML file. No biggie… I just have to port it. Another issue, even if I inherit from my own abstract class that handles object id’s, the tool still creates an Abtract<BO> and <BO> and puts the id management in the abstract class.

Unfortunately, it’s probably more effort than it’s worth to use the hiberbate tools.

I just bought the GA version yesterday – hopefully the Struts tools work better.
    🙁

#212558 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We understand that the Hibernate tools aren’t as advanced as most users would like. Unfortunately there were some bug fixes that didn’t make it into the GA release and many more that will go in by weeks end so the stability should not be an issue soon enough. As far as features are concerned, this is the first release this new feature was in, it will get better with good feedback like you gave.

When our Struts tools started they were so simple most people didn’t notice them, now you can edit your applications flow by dragging and dropping nodes and links, very cool.

#213194 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The issues discussed in this thread were addressed in MyEclipse 3.8.1

#213201 Reply

I installed the new update – and this feature works great. Thanks guys.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Generator – java class and xml file [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in