facebook

hibernate mapping – "configure reverse engineering deta

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I am new to myeclipse. Can you help me with the wizard, which generates mapping files from an existing database? I am using Oracle as RDBMS.
    Configuring goes well, up to the dialog “Generate Hibernate Mapping” with the sub-title “Configure reverse engineering details”. Here I have a list of all table I wanted a mapping for and on the right side of the side there is a field “ID-Generator”. Now, I know, Hibernate needs this to generate the mapping. So, I give to every table the generator “assigned”. But still the dialog seems to wait for more input from me, because the button “finish” does not work although activated.
    I the list of table, which I see, I can also open the tables and go to every table-field and can explicit map a “JDBC type” to a “property name” and this again to a “hibernate type”.
    I have chosen “java types” some steps in the wizard ago! So what is asked here actually? Which information to I still have to give, so that the wizard can go on?

Thanks a lot in advance

Xenofon

#246450 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#246480 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

Thank you anyway,

here is the version information from about myeclipse.

Be sure, I am aware, of your posting guidelines, which are not only yours, but rather a standard in internet communication. Still, I may have overlooked a similar question in the forum; this you cannot eliminate through the use of a forum search.

Please to try to understand my original question; tell me specifically if, then which part is not understandable. The error log does not contain any relevant information, as this is not a bug report, but a question regarding the user interface of the hibernate wizard. This should not be difficult to answer from somebody having experience in using this wizard.

I am a new MyEclipse user and like it a lot. Keep the good work!

Thanks for helping

#246481 Reply

here is the version information from about myeclipse.

Sorry I forgot to paste it…
    Here it is:

*** Date: Thu Feb 09 23:53:17 CET 2006

*** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.4.2_03

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 4.0.200 M2
    Build id: 20051205-4.1-Milestone2

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.1.1
    Build id: M20050929-0840

Eclipse Platform

Eclipse RCP

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Eclipse Project SDK

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse-SDK-3.1.1-win32\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    84_64
    -vm
    D:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_2\jre\1.4.2\bin\javaw.exe

#246483 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The reason I asked for the version is because in 4.1 we changed the wizards around. As far as what you need on that screen, you should have a type set, an ID generator set and that’s it. Next and Finish should be enabled.

If they are not, I would suggest a clean install of MyEclipse 4.1 GA and not use the milestone build.

#246495 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I would add that all fields on page 2 and page 3 of the wizard are optional. You don’t have to key in anything in there, the reverse engineering will go on with default behaviour.
    If you find you need to fine tune some aspects of the generated code, go ahead and use page 2 and page 3.

If you are able to press Finish, but nothing is happening, then there is a bug, you would most likely see an error being logged at this time.
    Like Riyad, I will suggest moving up to 4.1GA immediately.

Best,
    Brian.

#246508 Reply

@Support-Brian wrote:

Like Riyad, I will suggest moving up to 4.1GA immediately.

Thanks a lot, the error seems to have been removed in the 4.1GA release.
    😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: hibernate mapping – "configure reverse engineering deta

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in