facebook

hibernate mysql insert problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

trotzky

Hi all
    I am relatively new to hibernate. however, i come from a a mysql-background, thats why this sounds so strange – maybe someone here has seen something similar….

i was easily able to reverse engineer the relevant mapping classes for my mysql-db (thanks myeclipse team!). selects work like a charm but if i want to insert a record (with generator-class native, tried some others, but no difference), it does not show up. according to mysql.log, the insert ist perfectly valid and gets executed, but is simply not there if i “select * from foo” –

however, the row holding the primary key (and set on autoincrement by mysql) counts up. means, if insert a record by hand – the key reflects the former insert by hibernate. difficult to explain:
    last_id: 14, then i do an insert by hibernate, no new row visible, then i do an insert by hand – new last_id: 16.

i know this is not strictly myeclipse -but hey, can’t hurt to try? 🙂

any help appreciated…

chris

#282264 Reply

Loyal Water

Chris,
    I think you will have to use transaction management in your code. That should get you going.

#282283 Reply

trotzky

Hi nipun
    thanks for the quick and helpful reply! you pointed me in the exact right direction!

Just in case somebody else ever stops by this thread – this is the solution:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/hibernate-spring-tutorial-on-latest-myeclipse-no-data/

cheers, chris

#282298 Reply

Loyal Water

Your Welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: hibernate mysql insert problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in