facebook

Hibernate or JPA and packages

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Steve Olson

Both these dialogs ask for a package name at the top of the dialog. But every time I use the reverse engineering ops for either HIbernate or JPA, the package name is ignored and all the artifcats get dumped into the root of the selected source directory. What am I doing wrong that stops it from using the package name, for all the generated classes, and for the location of the generated hbm.xml files in Hibernate’s case?

I’m new to this and am probably doing something wrong . Thanks in advance for any tips…

#282042 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you please refer to this doc and make sure you are following the correct steps. Let me know if the problem persists:-
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/hibernateintroduction/

#282045 Reply

Steve Olson

The problem persistence – generated code keeps coming out in the default package, not the one that I select in the first part of the dialog, as I described. So you need me to send a screenshot or two? How do I diagnose this?

#282055 Reply

Riyad Kalla

skolson,
    Please post your install information from MyEclpise > Installation Summary > Installation Details, and make sure you aren’t getting any exceptions written to your log file (you can check log file under Window > Show View > Other… > General > Errors).

Also just to let you know, that behavior is not normal, if you have a package set, it should use it. Infact I just demoed that today in our webinar 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate or JPA and packages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in