facebook

Hibernate plugin for 4.1 GA

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dapriett

Hello – I’m having trouble finding any documentation on the updated hibernate plugin for 4.1 GA of myeclipse. I’m trying to use the DAO option when generating hibernate mappings in the database explorer, but not sure what’s going on. It creates functions such as findByExample, attachdirty, attachclean which I’m not sure of. Also for some reason it gets a new session from the session factory instead of using the hibernateutil to get the session. Is there any way to customize this?

Thanks,

Dan

#246782 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dan,
    The new documentation should be out soon, sorry for the delay.

As far as HibernateUtil, did you write this? I believe the new plugin only generates the SessionFactory and not HibernateUtil anymore which is deprecated by the Hibernate team last I heard (the approach everyone uses from their Intro to Hibernate type tutorials)

#246815 Reply

dapriett

Is there any way I can get a copy of the current draft of the documentation emailed to me? It would be helpful.

Without the hibernateUtil, how do you handle transaction management?

Thanks,

Dan

#246816 Reply

Riyad Kalla
    #246820 Reply

dapriett

It’s still using the wizard from 4.0 – doesn’t have anything about the DAO’s.

#246888 Reply

dapriett

Any word back on the documentation? Also what are the attachdirty and attachclean functions used for in the DAO?

#246893 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Dan,
    My appologies, still no word back yet but I know that the folks that were working on the docs have a lot on their plate right now for EclipseCon and we also have some top secret stuff that is getting worked on as well.

To be honest I”m not farmiliar with the new DAO generated code nor what is going on. I’ll ask around some more.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Hibernate plugin for 4.1 GA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in