facebook

Hibernate Reverse Eng. – New problem in ME 7.1.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mangelo123
    Participant

This was working in 6.6 and now is not in 7.1.1. When I try to reverse eng with Hibernate I get the following error:

An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    MethodInvocationException while processing template Pojo. Invocation of method ‘get’ in class com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.VTemplateHelper$Templates threw exception class org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException :
    MethodInvocationException while processing template pojo/PojoPropertyAccessors.vm. Invocation of method ‘get’ in class com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.VTemplateHelper$Templates threw exception class org.hibernate.tool.hbm2x.ExporterException :
    MethodInvocationException while processing template pojo/Ejb3PropertyGetAnnotation.vm. Invocation of method ‘generateAnnIdGenerator’ in class com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEEntityPOJOClass threw exception class java.lang.NullPointerException : null

All of my POJO classes that are generated extend from their own abstract class, but the abstract class hasn’t been created.

#296714 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi,
    I tried Rev Engg with Myblogstrutshibernate EOD and had no issue. Can you try working with the same example and let me know if it works for you as well.

#296724 Reply

mangelo123
    Participant

That’s not an apples to apples test. I am using Hibernate 3.2 with annotations.

#296873 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mangelo,

I’m sorry to hear you are running into issues with the reverse engineering. I have a few questions:

1) Are you specifying a reverse engineering strategy or using a customized template(s) for generation?
    2) If you reverse engineer into a new project, do you see the same problem, does it work if you don’t specify annotations but use mapping files instead? Can you please post the entire stack trace here?
    3) If you don’t generate the abstract class, does that help?
    4) To help us reproduce the problem, could you try reverse engineering from single table or a small set of tables for which the problem manifests itself and send us the schema of the tables involved (you can mail that to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian)
    5) What database are you reverse engineering from?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Reverse Eng. – New problem in ME 7.1.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in