facebook

Hibernate Reverse Engineering does not work

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

srinisub

I’m using MySQL 5.0.8. I’m able to connect to the database using the mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin jar and look at the tables. When I try to reverse engineer the tables using the MyEclipse tools, nothing gets generated. I’m really not sure where the problem is. I’m on a tight deadline to generate the hiberate objects and the mapping files, so would really appreciate your help on this.

#314495 Reply

support-swapna

srinisub,

1) Can you please share your installation details with us from MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details?

2) Do you see any errors which are of interest logged in the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata folder? If yes then paste them here for me.

3) Can you give us steps in detail to replicate it at our end?

Here is a tutorial which explains in detail about Hibernate reverse engineering. Can you go through it step by step and check if the reverse engineering works?

http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/hibernateintroduction/

Let us know how it works for you.

#314569 Reply

pr144
    Participant

I have gone through that tutorial several time at this point, I think you should update that tutorial for version MyEclipse Spring 8.6 .

There are some differences in the screenshots…I re-created the project three times before getting the right combinations…I think it was adding annotatons when I added Hibernate that finally did it.

Pete

#314573 Reply

support-swapna

pr144,

Thanks for posting your findings. We are working on updating the tutorials. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Reverse Engineering does not work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in