facebook

Hibernate reverse engineering wizard refuse to work!

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

rudaoshi

Hi all,

I have a problem about the hibernate reverse engineering and want your help.

I’ve add hibernate support to a project and reverse engineered a table of DB2 database into a set of codes. But when I want to modify the reverse engineering setting , I right-click the table and select the Hibernate reverse engineering, the wizard does not show at all! Furthermore, the same situation occurs when I want to reverse engineer the other tables in the data base.

But when I close the project, the wizard can display itsself, but at that time , it is useless.

Is here anyone able to help me on this problem? thank you very much!

#273255 Reply

kookaburra

I have the same problem. I am using Oracle on Fedora 6 and MyEclipse 6M1.
    Attached is my installation summary and waht appears in the log.
    This works fine on my Windows version.

*** Date:
    Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:08:59 AM EDT

** System properties:
    OS=Linux
    OS version=2.6.20-1.2933.fc6
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 6.0.0 M1
    Build id: 20070629-6.0.0-M1

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.0
    Build id: I20070621-1340

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.0.v20070612-_19UEkLEzwsdF9jSqQ-G

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.3.0.v20070606-0010-7o7jCHEFpPoqQYvnXqejeR

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.3.0.v20070620
    Build id: 20070620-1021

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.3.0.v20070607-8y8eE8NEbsN3X_fjWS8HPNG

Eclipse startup command=-os
    linux
    -ws
    gtk
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    /opt/eclipse33/eclipse
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    /opt/eclipse33/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.0.0.v20070606/eclipse_1017a.so
    -startup
    /opt/eclipse33/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070606.jar
    -data
    workspace33
    -vm
    /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/../jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

Error Log
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-07-28 11:04:29.231
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -1
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.setComboText(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:680)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.loadProjectProperties(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:554)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.updatePackageFragmentRoot(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:499)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.init(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:870)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateMappingWizard.createPageControls(NewHibernateMappingWizard.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:669)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:543)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:426)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1081)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.basicRun(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:42)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.action.LicenseValidatingAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.run(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:56)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:256)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:545)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1101)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3319)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2971)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)

#274688 Reply

bharding23

Is there any update on what is causing this problem. I have the same issue as the original poster.

I am running on a Linux Fedora Core 7 system. Eclipse 3.3 Europa, MyEclipse 6.0GA. When I first setup the environment (walking through the tutorial) everything work fine. I then go to do my first reverses engineer and again the dialog box pops up and everything is fine.

If I try to do a second reverse engineer the dialog box does not pop up and no matter what I do I can’t get the reverse engineer screen to show.

However, if I go to my project space at the command line and delete everything in the .metadata/.plugin directory (and go through the hassle of re setting everything up) I can then perform another reverse engineer with the dialog box popping up. However, if I try and go back yet again the dialog box will not show up.

Thanks for your reply.

#274764 Reply

Loyal Water

bharding23,
    Do you see any error messages in your <workspace>/.metadata/.log file ? Can you try switching to a new workspace and try reverse engineering again. Does it work now ?

#274781 Reply

bharding23

I can reproduce this error consistently.

1) Start a new workspace
    2) Create a new Java Project
    3) Add my MySQL Connector/J jar file to project
    4) Add Hibernate Capabilities to project
    5) Switch to MyEclipse Hibernate View
    6) Create a new DB Connection using MySQL connector
    7) Follow the dialogs to setup Hibernate Session factory, etc..
    8) Open DB Profile and navigate to my test database
    9) Right click first table and reverse engineer (this works perfectly), and finish the reverse engineering process
    10) Right click second table to try another reverse engineer and the dialog box never shows up. You will see the error I get at this point below.

I have reproduced the above steps on the Windows platform and everything works fine. I can reverse engineer over and over with the same project without a problem. It is on my Linux workstation that this error can be found. I have verified I am using the same JDK/JRE on both platforms (1.6_02).

I hope this information helps !! Its killing me that I have to run Windows in a VMWare session in order to use MyEclipse with hibernate. I love this addition to Eclipse

Here is the log output I see when this happens:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-08-28 14:44:43.078
    !STACK 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.setComboText(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:687)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.loadProjectProperties(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:561)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.updatePackageFragmentRoot(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:506)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.init(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:877)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateMappingWizard.createPageControls(NewHibernateMappingWizard.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:669)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.basicRun(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ui.action.LicenseValidatingAction.run(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.run(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:545)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

#274809 Reply

I’ve tried to switch to new clean workspace, created java project, run derby, reverse-engineered table; this worked.
    But then I tried to rev-engineer another table, wizard didn’t show and found this in log:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-08-30 15:22:35.501
    !STACK 0
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.setComboText(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:687)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.loadProjectProperties(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:561)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.updatePackageFragmentRoot(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:506)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.init(NewHibernateArtifactWizardPage.java:877)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.NewHibernateMappingWizard.createPageControls(NewHibernateMappingWizard.java:206)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.basicRun(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:68)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.NewHibernateMappingAction.run(NewHibernateMappingAction.java:82)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

Running ubuntu feisty32, sun-java-1.6se, eclipse 3.3 sdk with MyEclipse manually installed.

#274885 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys we are testing this across: RH4, FC6, FC7, Ubuntu 7.04 as we speak.

We think we’ve narrowed down the issue to the initialization of a SWT combobox on Linux that is the problem… will keep you informed.

#274892 Reply

bharding23

That’s excellent news! (not for the failure of course but that you guys are narrowing it down) 🙂

MyEclipseIDE has become such an integral part of my development environment, I can’t think of running eclipse without it.

Thanks

#274899 Reply

Riyad Kalla

bharding23,
    We appreciate the kind words. We want to be a very valuable addition to all dev environments.

#275307 Reply

I have now the same problem.
    I can’t start second reverce engenieering process. the dialog box never shows up.
    I use SuSe10.0

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2007-09-10 11:11:17.702
    !STACK 0
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

*** Date: 
    Monday, September 10, 2007 11:27:43 AM CEST

** System properties:
    OS=Linux
    OS version=2.6.13-15.16-default
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 6.0.0 GA
    Build id: 6.0.0-GA-200708

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.0

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.0.v20070612-_19UEkLEzwsdF9jSqQ-G

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.3.0.v20070606-0010-7o7jCHEFpPoqQYvnXqejeR

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.3.0.v20070607-7N7M-DUUEF6Ez0H46IcCC

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.3.0.v20070607-8y8eE8NEbsN3X_fjWS8HPNG

Eclipse startup command=-os
    linux
    -ws
    gtk
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    /usr/eclipse/eclipse
    -name
    Eclipse
    --launcher.library
    /usr/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux.x86_1.0.0.v20070606/eclipse_1017a.so
    -startup
    /usr/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070606.jar
    -clean
    -vm
    /usr/jdk1.5.0_11/bin/../jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so

please help

#275389 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys we confirmed the issued on Linux wtih the rev-eng process and should get them fixed in 6.0.1 shortly. We are really sorry about letting this one slip by our QA process.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Hibernate reverse engineering wizard refuse to work!

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in