facebook

Hibernate reverse enginering

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amnon

Hi ,
    i’ve been evaluating your software for the last days and it looks like a great bundle .
    q. : i’m work mainly with hibernate and i prefer creating POJO and then dao and service the last two l inherit from generic ones but it’s important for me to keep the POJO with all hibernate annotations on it and myeclipse generates the revrse eng. as HQL queries , is there a way to customize it so it’ll get me to a starting point like i described above from DB tables ?
    q. : is there something in the plans for wicket wizards ? i saw some forum threads about it but didn’t understand what was the end decision , i’m mainly intersted if it’s possible to have a d&d sort of wizard from visual html and wicket comp. to java classes . ?

thanks in advance .

#278714 Reply

Brian Fernandes

amnon,

Thank you for the compliment. I would like to confirm that you are using straight Hibernate and not JPA with Hibernate as a provider?

I’m afraid I could not follow your requirement regarding the POJOs. Could you elaborate with an example perhaps what you need and are not receiving from MyEclipse?
    Additionally, we do not generate annotations in POJOs for normal Hibernate projects, but only for JPA projects – standard Hibernate projects are mapped using hbm.xml files right now, annotation support will be added in future releases.

I will ask another developer to weigh in on your wicket question.

#278723 Reply

amnon

@Support-Brian wrote:

amnon,
    we do not generate annotations in POJOs for normal Hibernate projects, but only for JPA projects

affraid i don’t follow could you explain again please ?

#278728 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Since hibernate 3.2, you can describe mapping information using annotations in POJOs; until Hibernate 3.1, you had to use external mapping files. We do not support 3.2 yet and so any tables reverse engineered will generate both POJOs without annotations and mapping files.

If you are creating a JPA project and not a Hibernate project, the reverse engineered POJOs will contain annotations.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hibernate reverse enginering

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in