facebook

hibernate to access excel spreadsheet

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Todd Hill

I’m having trouble setting up a java project to access an excel spreadsheet using hibernate.

I set up the datasource in Windows that connects to the spreadsheet. I also configured the driver using MyEclipse’s driver preferences. I had to point it to the rt.jar to find the jdbc.odbc driver.

There is no password protection on the spreadsheet.

When I try to connect to the datasource I get a an error that reads:

“Error when trying to login to database:
    attempt to get or create node with key of zero length”

The spreadsheet has one worksheet and in that worksheet (named ‘Sheet1’) there is a header row with ‘message_id’ and ‘message’ and data below that with ‘1’ and ‘hello’. Very simple.

Any ideas on how I can connect to the excel spreadsheet?

#246600 Reply

Haris Peco

lili5058,

Please send us complete error code (it’s i in Error Log view : Windows – Show View – PDE Runtime – Error Log View)

Thanks

#246632 Reply

Todd Hill

Here you are:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: attempt to get or create node with key of zero length
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.TernarySearchTree.getOrCreateNode(TernarySearchTree.java:365)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.utils.TernarySearchTree.put(TernarySearchTree.java:27)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.Dictionary.putCatalogSchemaName(Dictionary.java:46)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeNode.initializeDatabaseModel(SessionTreeNode.java:90)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeNode.<init>(SessionTreeNode.java:67)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeModel.createSessionTreeNode(SessionTreeModel.java:128)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.RetrievingTableDataProgress$RetrieveData.run(RetrievingTableDataProgress.java:48)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: hibernate to access excel spreadsheet

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in