facebook

HotSwap

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kylewburke

I have been trying to get HotSwap working for the past day and a half. The breakpoints are being picked up but the changes are not redeployed and the debugger isn’t able to find the source code, despite the fact that I point it to the my src directory. I have the following configuration:

MyEclipse 5.0.1
    JDK1.6
    JBoss 4.0.5
    Ant 1.7

The app is deployed as an exploded ear. Any clues as to what I’m doing wrong?

#266208 Reply

Greg

Are you trying to hot swap Java classes or JSP files? You mentioned ant, are you using MyEclipse to package and deploy the ear in exploded format?

#266213 Reply

kylewburke

Sorry, I meant to mention deployment format. I am trying to hotswap the body of methods in classfiles. I’m using my custom Ant build file to build and deploy an exploded .ear (with exploded .war and xxx-ejb.jar). It’s actually an EJB3 Session Bean I’m trying to change. Is it a requirement that I use the MyEclipse build facility?

#266221 Reply

Greg

Ah ok. Yeah the MyEclipse Web Projects have special builder attached to them that “hot-sync” all classes and resources for exploded deployments.

#266222 Reply

kylewburke

Any way to make use of that builder for acustom file?

I don’t use Web Projects because I don’t like being forced to conform to MyEclipse’s idea of a project tree (WebRoot folder, etc).

#266399 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sorry, but it’s that idea of a project tree (which is an exploded WAR format) that allows the automated tooling to facilitate packaging, deployment, and debugging.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: HotSwap

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in