facebook

How can i update struts-config from all pages?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

emylonas

Hello,

So i have this application where i have my struts-config.xml.

I create my forms, jsp’s ans actions. From the struts-config Design view, i can’t create the forward from teh actions to the jsp’s (success, fail, etc).

But the action from the jsp to the action (struts form) is made from the jsp page, and not from the struts-config file, which leaves me the struts-config out-of-date. That means i cannot see the arrows going from the jsp to the action, which i think is pretty cool for i can see the complete application flow.

How can i have the struts-config.xml Design updated?

Thanks
    Eduardo

#240638 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eduardo,
    If I remember correctly, we have a generic connection tool in the designer tool bar, that is used specifically for making manual links like this. I can double check on this though.

#240712 Reply

emylonas

@support-rkalla wrote:

Eduardo,
    If I remember correctly, we have a generic connection tool in the designer tool bar, that is used specifically for making manual links like this. I can double check on this though.

To be honest, i don’t know what that “Add Connection” is for, once it writes nothing to my struts-config.xml. Also… shouldn’t the “Refresh Flow View” button refresh my desing view?

Thanks a lot
    Eduardo

#240732 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eduardo,
    There are some relationships that are not parsed out from your source files and displayed in the designer view, for example, the JSP Page -> Action relationship. The reason for the Connection too is to *visually* allow you to add that queue, it will not effect any source code because ti is simply a visual addition, not a code one. At some point if we add support for parsing out the form paths in the JSPs, we may remove this tool, but for the mean time, it is intended to allow you to free-hand edit the diagram.

All this information is stored in your .struts-config.mex file.

#240733 Reply

emylonas

@support-rkalla wrote:

Eduardo,
    There are some relationships that are not parsed out from your source files and displayed in the designer view, for example, the JSP Page -> Action relationship. The reason for the Connection too is to *visually* allow you to add that queue, it will not effect any source code because ti is simply a visual addition, not a code one. At some point if we add support for parsing out the form paths in the JSPs, we may remove this tool, but for the mean time, it is intended to allow you to free-hand edit the diagram.

All this information is stored in your .struts-config.mex file.

Really??? Well, that’s somewhat disapointing. Feels like double work to me…

But thanks for the response. I know how to proceed now.

Thanks a lot
    Eduardo

#240734 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Eduardo,
    The only situation here that isn’t automated is the JSP -> Aciton relationships, I’m not sure why that is “double the work”… regardless, I have news from management that the Struts and JSF tooling is going to be reworked soon to automate ALL of this stuff. So it will only be manual for a little bit longer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How can i update struts-config from all pages?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in