facebook

How import xxxDialect?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

tvan

Hi,
    I am using Rdb oracle database. How can I call my RdbDialect class otherwize I always received this error: org.hibernate.HibernateException: Hibernate Dialect must be explicitly set for database: Rdb
    I attempted to put rdbDialect.jar in the lib but the “search” button of Hibernate configuration window can not delect it.
    By the way, how can we create a custom template to generate java code for the design pattern Dao(domain.pojoClass, dao.interfacexxxDao and dao.impl.xxxDaoImpl)
    Thank you for your helps.
    Best regards
    Tvan

#264797 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tvan,
    Hibernate is complaining about you not setting a dialect in the hibernate.cfg.xml file. You can do this using the MyEclipse configuration editor if you added hibernate capabilities to the file, or you can do it manually, check this link for reference:
    http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/reference/en/html/session-configuration.html

#264900 Reply

tvan

Hi,
    As I explained in the firts posted, the question is that MyEclipse configuration editor does not allow to define a custom Dialect. Only the most common “standard”Dialects defined Hibernate jar that MyEclipse configuration editor can detect. But when you have your custom Dialect and wherever you store it in the classpath or a jar inside the lib, MyEclipse configuration editor can not find it with it’s search button. I added manually but MyEclipse data explorer does not accept it and generate the mentionned error when I attempt to do Hibernate Reverse Engineering.
    Thanks
    Tvan

#264907 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tvan,
    My appologies, I was running on auto-pilot there.

Could you put together a small project that contains Hibernate capabilities and your custom dialect and send it to us for testing?

support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad, with a link to this thread for refernece.

#264974 Reply

Haris Peco

Tvan,

You can edit property in source tab of editor for cfg.xml

Example dialect property is :
    <property name=”dialect”>
    org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle9Dialect
    </property>

Your dialect have to extends org.hibernate.Dialect.

It looks that Search button have some bug.I can’t got all dialects in project as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Regards,

#265710 Reply

tvan

Hi,
    I had tried it by editing the file as you proposed and this error occured. I hope things will be better in the next version.
    Thanks
    Tvan

#265714 Reply

Haris Peco

Tvan,

This issue is unrelated to the MyEclipse version. Is your dialect class on your project’s build path?

Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How import xxxDialect?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in