facebook

How to bundle MyEclipse + plugins + preloaded projects

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Javier Ramos
    Participant

Hallo,

I am running a development project with eclipse & maven. My client wants to get their staff involved in the development to get understanding of the code.

My problem is that I am using MyEclipseIDE together with some other plugins, my code is modular and spans multiple interrelated projects and the process of getting everything running in a new development workstation (plugin configuration, importing the code of the projects, setting classpath variables to point to maven repository, setting tomcat configuration…) is a bit time consuming and error prone.

The project resources are all arranged in a well defined directory structure including jdk (win), maven, tomcat, eclipse, plugins, various projects source code.

I would like to know if there is an easy way of

1) Creating a configuration script that will do all the stuff that I have to do manually in eclipse preferences whenever I copy the whole structure to another computer, in a different path generally. My idea would be to copy everything, run the script and have everything running. I currently do this with a DOS batch, but maybe someone has other suggestions…

2) Shipping eclipse preloaded with some infrastructure projects and not having to import each project source code and relations to other projects each time I do a new installation. This is, I have some infrastructure jar & war projects that do not change often and I just want to have them bundled inside eclipse.

I am aware that maybe these questions have to do more with basic eclipse concepts than with MyEclipseIDE, but I would be very grateful if someone could share some ideas or pointers to useful information sources that I have not found yet…

Thanks in advance for any help,

Javier

#210065 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Javier,

Re 1: You can export all your preference settings from Window > Preferences > Export… and have all the other developers import them.

Re 2: Sounds like you just need to check everything into version control (like CVS) and have the other developers hook up and pull all the projects out.

That really should do it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to bundle MyEclipse + plugins + preloaded projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in