facebook

How to change color of Mark Occurances indicators in side ba

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m running MyEclipse 6 on the Mac OS X and the color indicator for Mark Occurrences (yellow box) in the right side bar, beside the scroll bar are very hard to see. There is not much difference between the shade of the gray frame and the shade of the yellow boxes that are the occurrences of the word in the file.

Is there a way to change the color of either the yellow box (Mark Occurrences indicator) or the gray frame?

I’ve tried all of the colors in preference that appear to be remotely close to the frame gray – but no luck.

The use of this part of the tool is being lost because of poor color/shade choices.

#282183 Reply

Loyal Water

You can go to Wndows > Preferences > General > Editors > Test Editors > Annotations > Warnings and change the color to what you want. I hope this is what you were referring to.

#282240 Reply

Thanks that pointed me in the right direction!

However – I didn’t have the control that is needed to make the UI usable! There is a control in Text Editors > Annotations that controls the Occurrence highlight color. There I can make the highlight bright RED, this is not very readable in the text of a Java file – but it does make the Occurrence indicator on the vertical “overview” bar (beside the scroll bar) visible. But only in the poor side effect that the indicator has a RED border but the inside of the rectangle is still the color of the overview bar, i.e. the rectangle fill is the same color/shade as the background – but now I’ve got a Red rectangle. Better than no visible rectangle at all. However making the highlight color such a bold shade is not desirable!

Note: on the Mac – there is no Windows menu – it is called “MyEclipse” and there are two menu items with that name, both have a item “Preferences” but they appear to do different things. The MyEclipse (the Application name – the left most MyEclipse) appears to control more of what the Windows > Preferences does on the PC. The other “MyEclipse” (the right most item) appears to control project preferences. Quite confusing if you ask me.

David

#282257 Reply

Loyal Water

Im sorry I missed the MAC bit 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How to change color of Mark Occurances indicators in side ba

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in