facebook

How to configure Multiple Struts-config.xml files

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

xcosyns

We have an existing project and we work with several struts-config files. I can’t find any way to configure that with the struts plugin. The graphical interface shows up an error because it considers the xml as invalid.

The struts-config is considered invalid because some actions in one file do use form-beans defined in another config file.

Is there a way to use multiple config files with MyEclipse?

#221724 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

1) when you mention that you use several struts-config.xml files do you mean that you are using struts modules, e.g., struts-config-mod1.xml or are you working on a single struts-config.xml file that is partitioned into smaller XML files that are included by the struts-config.xml file?

2) Can you post a small example?

#224624 Reply

arunpers

I am in a similar situation. I have a project (not in MyEclipse J2EE project structure) with multiple struts-modules.

I tried opening the individual xml files containing the struts config information for each module and it displays the graphical view… that was really kool.. When I double click on the actions it takes me to the java file, but if I double click the jsp’s it is unable to load the jsp or take me to the tiles definition xml file… am i missing something in the configuration ??

#226904 Reply

jason poley

is there any way to make the other config files open (default) in the UI basd editor?

#229313 Reply

I am also in exactly the same situation as arunpers. From what I can seen, MyEclipse still has a ways to go to deal with multiple config files and tiles definitions and JSP, to provide a full view of a Struts 1.2 application. If anyone thinks the contrary I would very much like to hear the solution.

My approach is to look at each module seperately as far as the config.xml is concerned.

I have not figured out a way of mapping JSPs to tile yet.

regs
    shahrik

#245929 Reply

ekeland

I’m bumping into exactly the same problems as Shahrik and Jason: can’t open JSP files from the UI when have multiple config.xml fils.

Did anyone find a solution yet?
    regards,

Paul

#245937 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry guys this is still an open issue we are hopefully addressing shortly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How to configure Multiple Struts-config.xml files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in