facebook

How to develop RCP Editor and View parts?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I am primarily a RCP developer building an application. My RCP editor and view parts have a lot of GUI components that I woud like to build in a GUI builder. I want to know how I would do this using myeclipseide and matisee4myeclipse? I see a way to create a new. How will my RCP view display this form?

Is more RCP support planned for Matisee4MyEclipse?

I am still evaluating myeclipse. If I cannot build rcp applications using a GUI builder then myeclispe is of no use to my company.

Thanks,
    KTC

#269613 Reply

Riyad Kalla

KTC,
    If you are looking exclusively for RCP tools using the Eclipse platform, please take a look at Instantiations toolset.

#269619 Reply

Thanks for pointing me to instantiations. But can i use myeclipse+mantiss4myeclipse to design editorpart and viewparts? I don;t want full rcp support like the instantiations toolkit. I want a gui builder to build the editorparts and viewparts. Can your professional edition do this?

Thanks,
    KTC

#269623 Reply

Riyad Kalla

KTC,
    The Matisse4MyEclipse is a Swing-based designer, it cannot create EditorParts and ViewParts.

#269627 Reply

The following is from a description of Matisse4MyEclipse. Guess i misunderstood. Thanks for clearing up that MyEclipse is not for me. It looks like MyEclipse is not the right toolset for me.

“…..Matisse4MyEclipse was developed by Genuitec’s R&D lab to meet increasing customer demand for MyEclipse to provide world-class Swing RCP developer tools.”

#269630 Reply

Riyad Kalla

KTC,
    The follow description is accurate, Matisse4MyEclipse is to developer *Swing-based* RCP apps, the question you had was specifically for Eclipse-based concepts (EditorParts and ViewParts), these are Eclipse/SWT constructs and not part of Swing, so MyEclipse doesn’t support them.

Again I really think the Instantiation toolset is what you are looking for if you are building ontop of the Eclipse platform, they are really good tools.

Hope that helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: How to develop RCP Editor and View parts?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in