facebook

How to merge 2 web projects into one

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Joel Alvim
    Participant

Hi all,

I have the following problem. We are developing web applications using our own common framework which consists of: Java classes, jsps and other web content.

Whenever we need to create a new project, typically what it’s done is to checkout the common project and then create a new Web project, and then configuring the build dependency between both. However, by default MyEclipse deployer will only copy from the common project the compiled Java classes, but not the other web content (such as common jsp pages, etc) that need to go into the same web folder in the final deploy dir.

The way I came up to overcome this problem is to create my own eclipse builder that uses an ant scrip to copy this web content into the final deployment directory. However I can’t avoid feeling that this solution is somehow hacked and not always the best.

How do people typically handle this situation ? Is our approach of dividing the common content into a different project wrong from the very start ? Is there an easier and more seamless way to accomplish this ?

Thanks in advance,

Joel

#297539 Reply

rmcvay

Normally the utility Java is factored out into one or more Java projects that will become dependencies of the web projects. If there are also multiple web projects then they would be assembled into an EAR. I’m not sure about context root constraints on the multiple web projects.

#297584 Reply

Loyal Water

Joel,
    I haven’t come across a situation before where people are trying to merge 2 web projects this way. You will have to manually merger them I guess. Even Im not sure how the context root constraint for multiple projects will work.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: How to merge 2 web projects into one

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in