facebook

How to run Eclipse under 1.3.1 on Mac?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stephen Smith
    Participant

Attempting to load the Eclipse startup.jar with 1.3.1 java itself resulted in “Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from startup.jar”

Is there a startup config option for the double-clickable to control which version of the jre it uses?

Scott has commented:

> First, please be sure that you only use JDK 1.3.1 to launch
    > Eclipse as this is the only version upon which Eclipse
    > (and MyEclipse) are tested. You may use 1.4.1 to
    > launch your servers, if you like, but not Eclipse itself
    > as there are known issues.

#198691 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Is there a startup config option for the double-clickable to control which version of the jre it uses?

I don’t have my Mac with me right now but the JDK used to run Eclipse can be found by looking in the .plist file stored under the Eclipse.app directory inside the Eclipse directory. You’ll need to use the Terminal utility to change to the directory and cat the file to check the contents. The .plist file (I think it’s Eclipse.plist) is an XML file that shows the configuration used to run Eclipse.

You should be sure you followed the instructions given on the Eclipse.org site for downloading and installing the Mac version to the letter. It’s apparently easy to use the wrong browser to download or the wrong version of StuffIt and mess it up rather thoroughly.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to run Eclipse under 1.3.1 on Mac?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in