facebook

How to upgrade a project from Hibernate 3.0 -> 3.1?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve Prior

I’ve got working projects which currently use MyEclipse Hibernate 3.0 capabilities and want to upgrade them to 3.1 (using MyEclipse 5.0GA). I can see in project properties -> MyEclipse -> Hibernate the Hibernate Version 3.0, how do I reconfigure things so it switches to 3.1?

#256652 Reply

Brian Fernandes

sprior,

We don’t have an automatic upgrade option yet. If you chose to use MyEclipse libraries, upgrading is easy, if you copied all the JARs into your project then I’m afraid you’ll have to copy the Hibernate 3.1 JARs manually into your project.

If you used MyEclipse libararies:

1) Close all files in the project you want to upgrade
    2) Turn Auto build off (optional)
    3) Right click the Hibernate 3.0 Core Libraries user library and choose “Build Path > Remove from build path” (do the same for the advanced libarary if you have it).
    4) Go to Project Properties > Java Build Path and on the Libraries tab, click Add Library. Select MyEclipse Libraries and then check the Hibernate 3.1 libraries you desire.
    5) Open your .myhibernatedata file and change the version property to 3.1 from 3.0
    6) Turn Auto build back on if necessary

Let us know if you need further assistance, we plan to make upgrades (and possibly downgrades) more painless in the future.
    Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to upgrade a project from Hibernate 3.0 -> 3.1?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in