facebook

how to use matisse plugin?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

fazekaim

I know it’ a newbee question, i change my ide from netbeans to myeclipse. i installed v5.1.1 and i don’t see any gui designer or matisse builder or something talking about gui in the myeclipse (i updated subscription after the install).
    Where can i find it?

Thanks…

#268461 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the confusion. You need to go to Help > Software Updates > Find and Install > New Feature, select the MYEclipse Discovery Site, and install it from there.

#269515 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

I’ve just upgraded to professional and have reinstalled MyEclipse. I see no Swing or Matisse file group to select from, to create a new form. I tried the Help->Software Updates route mentioned above but I can find no new features to install. How do I get the Matisse functionality that I’ve paid for?

#269535 Reply

Riyad Kalla

sofistek,
    M4M must be installed from the discovery site as outlined in our Matisse Installation Guide here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/matisse-install/

and summarized by the steps above.

Depending no how you actually did the reinstall, it’s possible that you corrupted your install so it thinks M4M is already installed. Can you detail how you did the reinstall?

#269575 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

sofistek,
    M4M must be installed from the discovery site as outlined in our Matisse Installation Guide here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/matisse-install/

and summarized by the steps above.

Depending no how you actually did the reinstall, it’s possible that you corrupted your install so it thinks M4M is already installed. Can you detail how you did the reinstall?

I simply downloaded the latest fullstack GA version and ran it. I then entered my license code and tried the procedure outlined in your second post, which talks about the updates via the discovery site. I haven’t yet tried the site mentioned in your link above, which points to: http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/matisse4myeclipse/updates-4.0

I may not be able to try the second update site for a day or two, so is there some reason why the main MYEclipse Discovery Site won’t work?

If I can’t get either to work, will the new milestone release also need a separate update for Matisse? If not, I’ll try that new fullstack version, otherwise I’ll try a separate eclipse/myeclipse install.

Tony

#269580 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

OK, I managed to try this out.

Yes, it worked fine, by defining a new update site as described in that article. But I’d like to know why it is not made easier to find this plug in, or did I miss something?

The correct procedure is not in the MyEclipse help, accessible from the workbench. It wasn’t mentioned in the email I got about my professional license upgrade. It isn’t in the feature description either. The first reply in this discussion gave the wrong update site. Isn’t Matisse part of the MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench? I’m just trying to understand why the correct procedure isn’t more accessible and why Matisse isn’t part of the (not so) full stack for download?

Are there any more features that are not in the main download?

Thanks,
    Tony

#269588 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tony,
    Something glitched out with the install it seems. When you install MYEclipse clean, the Discovery Site is automatically added. When you check it, it will show you M4M and can immediately be downloaded and added to your workbench.

It seems that somehow the URL that was registered or a corrupted workspace state was causing the update manager to not see this update at all the first time. I’m sorry this ended up being a goose-chase, it should have been much easier and the first thing you tried should have done the trick.

We are going to enhance this process much more going forward and make 3rd party tools available quickly and easily from an customized feature installed in a future release.

There are currently no other plugins to install from the Discovery Site (just M4M) but we will be rolling out our partner network soon which will contribute many more products to the Discovery Site.

#269634 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

It seems that somehow the URL that was registered or a corrupted workspace state was causing the update manager to not see this update at all the first time.

Not sure how that could happen; it was an uneventful install. How do I find the URL that was registered? The Updates page doesn’t let me look at the definition of the MyEclipse Discovery Site; I suspect it’s in an XML file somewhere but can’t find it.

I haven’t got time right now but I’ll do a reinstall sometime to check this again.

Tony

#269642 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The Updates page doesn’t let me look at the definition of the MyEclipse Discovery Site; I suspect it’s in an XML file somewhere but can’t find it.

Use the Export button to export the list to an XML file and double check it.

#269660 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

Oh, that’s what the Export button is for 🙂 How did I miss that?

Anyway, the URL is:

http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/updates-5.0/

#270448 Reply

despinosa

Hello, I’ve just discovered Matisse, and I would like to know if is possible to merge my own code with the one generated by Matisse. The problem appears when I add code in the Source view (an actionPerformed for example) after making a form with the designer view, Matisse deletes all my new code…. Thanks (and sorry for my poor english).

#270966 Reply

lamro

I’ve just purchased and installed the profession version and followed the instructions above to install Matisse. However I can’t seem to get it to work
    properly. The Update Manager displays:

Network connection problems encountered during search.
    Unable to access “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/matisse4myeclipse/updates-4.0”.
    Unable to access site: “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/matisse4myeclipse/updates-4.0” [Connection timed out: connect]

The installation summary is shown below:

*** Date:
    Friday, June 1, 2007 10:17:11 AM EDT

** System properties:
    OS=Windows2000
    OS version=5.0
    Java version=1.4.2_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.5.1 GA
    Build id: 20070521-5.5.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 5.5.1 GA
    Build id: 20070521-5.5.1-GA

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070119-RQghndJN8IM0MsK
    Build id: M20070212-1330

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-8pcviKVqd8J7C1U

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-R4CR0Znkvtfjv9-

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060823-6vYLLdQ3Nk8DrFG

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-dCGKm0Ln38lm-8s

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.2.v20070208
    Build id: 20070208-1315

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse3.2.2\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    368_50
    -product
    com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    -vm
    C:\j2sdk1.4.2_13\bin\javaw.exe

Unable to access site: “http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/matisse4myeclipse/updates-4.0” [Connection timed out: connect]

#272344 Reply

sofistek
    Participant

For me, the problem was the wrong update site. Try the one mentioned in https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/how-to-use-matisse-plugin/#post-269660

#272345 Reply

sofistek
    Participant
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: how to use matisse plugin?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in