facebook

HQL and Criteria Editor error after install of 5.5.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jose

I had version 5.1.0 of MyEclipse. HQL editor worked fine. Installed 5.5.1, now HQL and Criteria both fail with same error. No other pluggings have been installed. I am connected to internet. Have tried to refresh. I uninstalled and reinstalled to folder with no space in folder names – still getting same error. Here is log info. Please help.

!ENTRY com.genuitec.org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 4 2007-06-11 21:09:08.546
    !MESSAGE
    !SUBENTRY 1 com.genuitec.org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 150 2007-06-11 21:09:08.546
    !MESSAGE <No message>
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.parseFilter(HbmBinder.java:2935)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2110)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2031)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues(HbmBinder.java:359)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootClass(HbmBinder.java:273)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:144)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.add(Configuration.java:424)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(Configuration.java:465)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:520)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1511)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1479)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1458)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1432)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1386)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.loadConfigurationXML(ConsoleConfiguration.java:230)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.access$0(ConsoleConfiguration.java:177)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$1.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:153)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:134)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(MEConsoleConfiguration.java:122)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.build(ConsoleConfiguration.java:119)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.MERefreshCCAction$1.run(MERefreshCCAction.java:93)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)
    !SUBENTRY 2 com.genuitec.org.hibernate.eclipse.console 4 150 2007-06-11 21:09:08.546
    !MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException: <no message>
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.parseFilter(HbmBinder.java:2935)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2110)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.createClassProperties(HbmBinder.java:2031)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues(HbmBinder.java:359)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootClass(HbmBinder.java:273)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRoot(HbmBinder.java:144)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.add(Configuration.java:424)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(Configuration.java:465)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(Configuration.java:520)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(Configuration.java:1511)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1479)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1458)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(Configuration.java:1432)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(Configuration.java:1386)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.loadConfigurationXML(ConsoleConfiguration.java:230)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.access$0(ConsoleConfiguration.java:177)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$1.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:153)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:56)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(ConsoleConfiguration.java:134)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEConsoleConfiguration.buildWith(MEConsoleConfiguration.java:122)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.build(ConsoleConfiguration.java:119)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.MERefreshCCAction$1.run(MERefreshCCAction.java:93)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:113)

!ENTRY com.genuitec.org.hibernate.eclipse.console 1 0 2007-06-11 21:09:08.546
    !MESSAGE Could not refresh Hibernate project context com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.action.MERefreshCCAction$InProgressException

#271382 Reply

Loyal Water

This seems like an installation issue. Have you tried using the -clean command to start MyEclipse ?
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#271408 Reply

estephens

I am also getting this exception when I try to start the HQL Editor.

I’ve tried “-clean” but it didn’t work.

I also tried reinstalling MyEclipse without any additional plugins and still get the error.
    Iget this error whether I use an existing project or create a new project.

Prior to installing the 5.5.1 release everything worked just fine.

#271413 Reply

Loyal Water

Have you tried using the Full stack installer to setup MyEclipse 5.5.1 ? If not, can you download the Full stack installer form our download page and use that to setup MyEclipse 5.5.1.

#271416 Reply

estephens

Thanks for the suggestion, but I already tried that.

Also, I can configure hibernate and run queries from my test program.

#271490 Reply

Jose

I tried to re-install, had -clean for eclipse.exe and had no luck. Still getting same stack trace as posted initially above.

As i mentioned, HQL was working fine before, but is now broke together with Criteria editor with same error after installing version 5.5.1.

Please help.

#271619 Reply

Jose

Found this post and gave the stated suggestion a try – about moving filter-defs to seperate file and making it the first mapping resource. Seemed to get past the above parseFilter error, but now I’m getting another error about ‘second level cache not enabled’.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-2488;jsessionid=a3_dpasNteAfcM8Q2m

New error:

!MESSAGE org.hibernate.cache.NoCachingEnabledException: Second-level cache is not enabled for usage [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache | hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]
    !STACK 0
    org.hibernate.cache.NoCachingEnabledException: Second-level cache is not enabled for usage [hibernate.cache.use_second_level_cache | hibernate.cache.use_query_cache]
    at org.hibernate.cache.NoCacheProvider.buildCache(NoCacheProvider.java:21)
    at org.hibernate.cache.CacheFactory.createCache(CacheFactory.java:61)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionFactoryImpl.<init>(SessionFactoryImpl.java:214)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1218)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration$2.execute

#271636 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi wiphillyfan,
    This seems like a hibernate issue. I tried looking for a solution on google but didnt find anything helpful. I feel you should post your query on the hibernate forums.

#271649 Reply

estephens

The problem may be with the version of Hibernate the MyEclipse query editor is using. I thought that configuring my project to use the correct version of Hibernate would also carry over to the MyEclipse tools. It seems that even though I did not add the MyEclipse libraries to my project, it is stilll using these libraries to start the query editor.

My project uses Hibernate 3.1.2. I can’t use version 3.1.3 because of filter dependency issues and stricter query parsing.

Is there anyway to configure the MyEclipse editor to use version 3.1.2?

#271677 Reply

Loyal Water

You can go to Windows > Prefs > MyEclipse > Project Capabilities > Hibernate > Hibernate 3.1 and change the core libraries to Hibernate 3.1.2. Then when you add Hibernate capabilities to your project, 3.1.2 libraries will be added.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: HQL and Criteria Editor error after install of 5.5.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in