facebook

Hypersonic JDBC driver

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

imm102

Hi,

Just a quick question about configuring JDBC connections. I’ve just installed myeclipse 3.8.3 and JBoss 4.01 and ive sucessfully worked my way through the getting started tuts but have hit a snag at the dbase section. For a start im pretty sure that the JBoss package came with hypersonic but i have no idea which driver to select in the preferences list. Does hypersonic start automatically with JBoss?

Can anyone help?

Ian

P.S the tut is here
    http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/install/index.html

#223363 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ian,
    I am not terribly farmiliar with JBoss 4, but I think you are right that HSQL starts by default when the server starts up, you need to check the JBoss docs about this. As far as connecting to it, just configure the HSQL driver correctly and treat it like any other DB. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but I know quite a few people on the forums use HSQL, just make sure you are using the latest release along with the driver otherwise there is some flakiness with the DB metadata displaying correctly.

#245628 Reply

damianoneill

If you start a new version of jboss in the standard mode, i.e. run.sh then in the deploy directory jboss-x.x.x/server/default/deploy you will find a file called hsqldb-ds.xml. At the bottom of this file there is a mbean definintion for the database on a local port.

<mbean code="org.jboss.jdbc.HypersonicDatabase" 
         name="jboss:service=Hypersonic">
         <attribute name="Port">1701</attribute>
         <attribute name="Silent">true</attribute>
         <attribute name="Database">default</attribute>
         <attribute name="Trace">false</attribute>
         <attribute name="No_system_exit">true</attribute>
       </mbean>

Uncomment this definition and restart jboss.

This will open a port that clients can connect to.

NB* Make sure that the driver for HSQLDB is the one that is in server/default/lib typically hsqldb.jar, if you use a different version you will get connection problems.

When creating the db connection info use:

jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://IP-ADDRESS:1701

and username sa with a blank password.

Damian.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hypersonic JDBC driver

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in