facebook

I don’t see pop-up window in properties

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Jakoub

Hi,
    I am new in MyEclipse and I have developed Swing application. I have some questions about Matisse in this ide

1] I mark JButton on GUI designer, after them I click on a small button in Properties window – row Icon, I would like select icon to JButton – and I see nothing. Pop-up window isn’t created. I remember, that after install MyEclipse it has worked fime (15 days ago), now it isn’t working. Can I repair this?

2] Can I create simply resource bundle in my Swing GUI app as as NetBeans GUI builder?

3] Can I add to matisse palette a new component, for example a QuickTable?

I don’t want criticise MyEclipse, in my opinion it is a great IDE, but I have this small problems.Thank you for your help me.

Regards

Jakoub

My config

*** System properties:
    ErrorManager.minimum=18
    awt.toolkit=sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    birt.viewer.working.path=C:\Java\JavaProject\MyEclipse\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer
    eclipse.buildId=M20070921-1145
    eclipse.commands=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.2.R331_v20071019\eclipse_1021.dll
    -startup
    C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
    -exitdata
    2c0_7c
    -vm
    C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre\bin\javaw.exe
    eclipse.ee.install.verify=false
    eclipse.product=com.genuitec.myeclipse.product.ide
    eclipse.vm=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre\bin\javaw.exe
    eclipse.vmargs=-Xms128m
    -Xmx512m
    -Duser.language=en
    -XX:PermSize=128M
    -XX:MaxPermSize=256M
    -jar
    C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
    eof=eof
    file.encoding=Cp1250
    file.encoding.pkg=sun.io
    file.separator=\
    java.awt.graphicsenv=sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob=sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20070828.jar
    java.class.version=49.0
    java.endorsed.dirs=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre\lib\ext
    java.home=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre
    java.io.tmpdir=C:\DOCUME~1\jakoub\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    java.library.path=C:\Java\Java_IDE\MyEclipse6.0\jre\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Sonic\MyDVD;;C:\Program Files\Sonic\MyDVD;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL
    java.runtime.name=Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition
    java.runtime.version=1.5.0_11-b03
    java.specification.name=Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.specification.version=1.5
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vendor.url=http://java.sun.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug=http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
    java.version=1.5.0_11
    java.vm.info=mixed mode
    java.vm.name=Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    java.vm.specification.name=Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.specification.version=1.0
    java.vm.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    java.vm.version=1.5.0_11-b03
    line.separator=

#281801 Reply

Jakoub

Please, can anybody help me with them? Thank you

Regards

Jakoub

#281823 Reply

Loyal Water

3] Can I add to matisse palette a new component, for example a QuickTable?

Customizing of the Matisse Palette is possible.
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/m4m/#custom

1] I mark JButton on GUI designer, after them I click on a small button in Properties window – row Icon, I would like select icon to JButton – and I see nothing. Pop-up window isn’t created. I remember, that after install MyEclipse it has worked fime (15 days ago), now it isn’t working. Can I repair this?

Can you switch to a new workspace, create a new project and test this out again. Does it work ?

2] Can I create simply resource bundle in my Swing GUI app as as NetBeans GUI builder?

This is not possible in MyEclipse.

#281853 Reply

Jakoub

Thank you for your help me. I have changed my workspace – I renamed my basic workspace to workspace_bak, after them I run MyEclipse and it created a new workspace. I have created new project, import library
    and my created java files. After them I clicked on a small buttom – row Icon – and I saw on 2 seconds wait windows cursor. Pop-up window didn’t show. I tryed set java runtime for MyEclipse on 1.6.0_03, but result is
    same again. Other pop-up windows works fine with every java runtime – basic and my imported 1.6. Have you any idea, how I repair it? Regards
    Jakoub

#281862 Reply

Loyal Water

Jakoub,
    Can you go to our download page and download the pulse installer? Use that to launch MyEclipse and test this out again. That should resolve this issue.

#281873 Reply

Jakoub

Hi,

I downloaded Pulse and run this installer. After them Pulse became download new MyEclipse and installed it to the my home directoy – c:\Document and Settings\Jakoub\.pulse. Pulse and new MyEclipse created
    new items in a start menu – path for Pulse is a “C:\Documents and Settings\Jakoub\.pulse\bootstrap\pulse-149thi5.exe” and for new MyEclipse is a “C:\Documents and Settings\Jakoub\.pulse\bootstrap\pulse-149thi5.exe” -launch 1860.
    I have run Pulse and it has run new MyEclipse. After them I have downloaded plugins from MyEclipse web site – mattise and more. I restarted MyEclipse after complet download and install this plugins. I imported
    complet my last workspace, activated my Mattise form, activated JButton ,clicked on row – Icon – and I did show nothing 🙁 . I don’t know, how I repair this error. Can I uninstall Pulse ? (Delete .pulse file and start menu)
    Thank for you help me.

Jakoub

#281969 Reply

Loyal Water

Jakoub,
    Instead of importing your project into the new workspace and testing this with your old project, I would like you to create a new Project, add a Matisse form to it, add a JButton to the form and try changing the icon. Does it work ?

I want you to try this to make sure the project has not gone corrupt.

#281983 Reply

Jakoub

Hi, thank you for help me. I created new project into my workspace, I created JForm and put on it a JButton and JLabel. Pop-up windows on row icon worked. Can I created new project and I replicated from old to the new project

-src
    .myhibernatedata
    hibernate.reveng.xml

After them, I added Hibernate capabilities – in a first wizard window I checked existing hibernate.cfg.xml, in second window I found it, in a third window I didn’t create session factory class, finish , next I imported my library to build path. I checked my matisse form, clicked on my JButton and JLabel and I didn’t see any pop-up window. How I can create a new valid project and what I can imported to the them?

Regards

Jakoub

#281993 Reply

Loyal Water

I have mailed you a test project with a JButton and an icon set on it. Let me know what happens when you load the project.

#281994 Reply

Jakoub

Hi,

I loaded this project and every works fine. I could see question image and I could change image to any other.

Regards

Jakoub

#282019 Reply

Jakoub

Hi, I created new project, after them created my package (same name as old), next I created new database connection to the Mysql database, next I added Hibernate capabilities, next I created my matisse form (same name as old ) and closed MyEclipse. I copyed In file manager my package, hibernate setting etc. After I run MyEclipse and I configured build path. I checked row – icon and clicked on a small button and it has worked! 🙂
    Can I backup MyEclipse settings? I have run MyEclipse directly, I didn’t use Pulse.
    Regards

Jakoub

#282031 Reply

Jakoub

Hi,

I am apologize, but I have a small problem
    Structure my project is

Name_of_my_project
    -src
    —–com.mypackage
    ————–there are java files here
    —–com.mypackage.setting
    ————–there are java files here
    ——src
    ———-16×16
    ———-22×22

Folder on path Name_of_my_project/src/src includes images. My problem is, that I click on row – icon, creates pop-up window, but I don’t see my src/src folder in combobox view in this pop-up window. I tryed click right mouse
    on src/src folder and – Use as source folder – without any result. If I designed my form in GUI designer, my Label and JButton didn’t include (I didn’t see) images, but if I run my form, every ok, Label and JButton
    inluded image. How I can add my src/src subfolder to combobox? I remembered, that last project (in which I cannot create image pop-up window, I saw my subfolder in combobox. )

I am apologize

Jakoub

#282034 Reply

Loyal Water

Jakoub,
    Can you add the images as an external image on the popup window and check if you can see them. I hope I have addressed your issue.

#282037 Reply

Jakoub

Yes, you have a true, but GUI designer add to the code full iamge’s path – c:\\Folder\subfolder\file.png and it isn’t good in my opinion.
    Regards

Jakoub

#282192 Reply

Jakoub

I think, that it is an unsolvable problem (show image) in this IDE (today version 6.0 ). I must switch back 🙁 to the Netbeans, it is pitty
    for me. Thanks for your help me.

Jakoub

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: I don’t see pop-up window in properties

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in