facebook

Import an ears and wars like eclipse wtp

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Jim Jackson

How do you import an ears and wars like you do in regular eclipse wtp ? In regular eclipse, there is an option on import an ear or war which will add the new project to an ear project. What is the MyEclipse equivalent ?

#306724 Reply

support-joy

Sungard,

I am afraid MyEclipse doesn’t provide an option to import ears and wars. You can import .jar and .zip. From MyEclipse IDE, click on File > Import > General > archive file and follow the wizard.

#306732 Reply

Jim Jackson

Under what circumstances will the Enhance WTP Project option be enabled ? Presently, it is disabled.

#306744 Reply

support-joy

Sungard,,

I am not sure I follow you. Can you attach a screenshot and elaborate? Also can you include your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.

Thank you.

#306758 Reply

Jim Jackson

The install summary is below. The menu option is the 2nd option under the MyEclipse top level menu item. I do not know how to upload an image.

*** Date:
    Friday, March 12, 2010 8:51:22 AM CST

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1.0
    Java version=1.6.0_13

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.0
    Build id: 8.0-20091120

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 8.0
    Build id: 8.0-20091120

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\myeclipse.exe
    -name
    Myeclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse 8.x Latest\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar
    -install
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/MyEclipse 8.x Latest
    -configuration
    configuration
    -vm
    C:/Program Files/Genuitec/Common/binary/com.sun.java.jdk.win32.x86_1.6.0.013/jre/bin/client/jvm.dll

#306782 Reply

support-joy

Sungard,

Thank you for the installation details. By default, when you import a WTP project, MyEclipse IDE prompts to convert to MyEclipse project, hence this option is disabled. If you open a workspace with WTP projects, this menu item will be enabled. Also if you check-in a WTP project from configuration management system such as CVS, this option is enabled.
    Hope this helps.

#306846 Reply

Jim Jackson

So then I probably could create an ear project in regular eclipse/wtp and then imoport that project into myeclipse ?

#306852 Reply

support-joy

Sungard,

Yes you can do that but it is not recommended to create an ear project in eclipse and import to MyEclipse. Instead you can create a MyEclipse ear project. Please refer our tutorials on enterprise projects here – http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html

#306858 Reply

Jim Jackson

Maybe I need to explain what I need to do. What I need to do is take an existing ear file, un pack it, make changes, re-pack it, and deploy it to an app server. What is the best way to do that ? I do not have the source code. This ear is from another section of my company.

#306879 Reply

support-joy

Sungard,

I am afraid ME currently doesn’t provide any option to import ears created outside ME. I think if you can have this as a project in CVS/SVN. You can try to check in the project using any of the configuration management tool and give it a shot. I am not too sure though. I haven’t tried this at my end. I will also escalate this to a dev team member and check if there is any other workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Import an ears and wars like eclipse wtp

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in