facebook

Importing a Server Configuration to WAS through MEB

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BCBS-IL

In RAD there is included functionality to export a configuration archive (.car file) and import that configuration to a WAS server.
    See example: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsawshlp/v7r5m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ws.ast.st.v6.ui.doc%2Ftopics%2Ftexportscv6.html

Is there a way to import a .car to a WAS 6.1 that is linked to MEB from within MEB?

#321265 Reply

support-swapna

Adam_Tumminello ,

I am afraid we do not support importing of .car file currently . You will have to configure the server manually. I have filed it as an enhancement request for the dev team.

Let us know if you have any other issues.

#321271 Reply

BCBS-IL

Swapna,

Thanks for your prompt reply to this subject. While I am disappointed there isn’t a solution available today, my team and I look forward to this enhancement being included in future releases.

Thanks again!

#321887 Reply

Please let us know when the functionality for importing a server configuration to WAS through MEB using a backup restore of the .car file will be available….what release and tentative date? We have multiple users on site that are requesting the functionality that Adam Tumminello (also from my organization) described in the issue.

#321903 Reply

support-joy

Imelda_Herrera@bcbsil.com,

I am afraid, I do not have the ETA on this. I have escalated to dev team. One of our dev team member would get back to you on this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#321938 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Imelda / Adam,

I cannot provide an estimate on time required right now because our team is currently researching this feature, based on the priorities we received from your team yesterday. Not enough information is currently available but we do intend to add support for this for whatever release we have next if viable. As more information becomes available, I will post back here; you may rest assured that this is a high priority item for us.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Importing a Server Configuration to WAS through MEB

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in