facebook

In Oracle I dont get tables in the DBBrowser

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John

when I click the ‘+’expand symbol in front of the Connected to <tablename> icon
    the expand icon dissapears and nothing is expanded
    I can execute queries on the tables but I cannot do a describe I get the error:
    [Oracle][ODBC][Ora] ORA-00900; invalid SQL Statements
    when I try to execute a
    desc <tablename>;
    or a
    describe <tablename>;
    I have tried this on Oracle 8 and Oracle 9

The graphics do display for a SQLServer connection that I have.

I am using jdbc odbc bridge
    on MyEclipse 3.8.3
    Build ID:200412061200-3.8.3
    on Windows 2000 Professional.

#222720 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Checking with dev on this…

#222727 Reply

Brian Fernandes

omulriain,

Most likely this is a problem with the driver you are using; the jdbc odbc bridge. It has limited functionality in some areas.
    If possible, I would suggest using the JDBC driver released by Oracle for a much better experience, I belive it is called ojdbc14

Hope that gets things rolling for you soon.

Brian.

#223434 Reply

John

I have some code in one of my java programs that works I use the following line:

Class.forName(“oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver”);
    conn3 = DriverManager.getConnection(
    “jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:1521:database”,”username”,”password”);

So I know that I have included the driver in my path and everything.
    Do I need to create a new driver in myeclipse database properties?

WILL ANY OF THESE WORK? Or do I need another one. These are the ones in my path.
    %ORACLE_HOME%\lib\nls_charset12.zip;
    %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlj\lib\runtime12.zip;
    %ORACLE_HOME%\sqlj\lib\translator.zip;
    %ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip;

I am trying to avoid downloading anymore drivers from oracle if possible because I don’t like filling out all the personal information for a password and then having to do it the next time when I forget my username/password.

#223435 Reply

John

Nice I got it to work I just edited the Oracle thin driver in the by clicking window -> preferences ->DataBase Explorer -> Drivers , then editing the Oracle Thin Driver and added the
    %ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\classes12.zip; and %ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\nls_charset12.zip;
    to the ” Extra Class Path” tab next to the “Java Class Path” tab.

Thanks

#223436 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Glad to hear you got it working yourself; thanks for the update, your solution will help others facing similar problems.

Best,
    Brian.

#266060 Reply

isaacpeel

I’m having the same issue where I can’t run the desc <table_name> command for oracle.

I don’t have an option for “Extra Class Path” in my driver settings.
    Any thoughts?

#266086 Reply

Haris Peco

isaacpeel,

desc (describe) is internal command in oracle’s tools sqlplus.MyEclipse doesn’t support this command (or standard sql or ever oracle’s sql).You can see description of table with click on table in DB Explorer and look at Table/Object View.

Regards,

PS
    It is better that you open new thread.This thread is old more than 2 years.

#266087 Reply

isaacpeel

I figured the desc command would/should work because it does in other commercial and free products that I´ve used. I figured that since tools like WinSQL and toad supported that command maybe MyEclipse would also. I´m aware that I can see the columns in a table in the DB Explorer. I was looking for the column types in this case. Sorry for not starting a new thread, next time. Thanks for your quick response.

#266088 Reply

Haris Peco

isaacpeel,

It is not problem.You can use thread what you want, but new thread is better for you (we will care more about new thread, but old is fine as well)

You can see description of columns in Table/Object View (choose MyEclipse Database Perspective) in Columns tab.Table/Object view have a lot tabs for different table attributes (columns, exported keys (FKs), imported keys, primary key, indexes etc). We haven’t implemented ‘describe’, because this view contains all informations from ‘describe’.

Regards,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: In Oracle I dont get tables in the DBBrowser

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in