facebook

Including more tables in an existing ER diagram

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

rr9966

Is there any way to include more tables in an ER diagram after it has been created. I tried dragging and dropping a table from the list in the DB Browser but I get an error stating that one or more of the tables selected is not part of the diagram’s schema.

It means I have to regenerate the diagrams each time I put out a new release of our product. Which also means I have to move around the tables so the diagram is readable. It would be nice to be able to refresh the existing tables (new columns added) and/or add new tables. It is not so bad when doing all tables, but we create different views of our schema for various functional areas since the big drawing includes ~190 tables.

#274841 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rr,
    You can right-click on the tables and do a Refresh to update their stats, but there is no easy way to add tables at the moment. It’s an open enhancement for us to add.

#274847 Reply

rr9966

Actually I did find how it can be done (in 6.0 GA). It works on the standalone DB Explorer (not sure about when running full Eclipse). If you go to View->Refresh Diagram, it allows you to select new tables to be added.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Including more tables in an existing ER diagram

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in