facebook

Incomplete EAR deployment

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have a J2EE project including 8 EJB projects and 1 Web project. It used to work fine but since today, I just can’t deploy it anymore. When I try a redeploy, it starts deploying as usual but ends way too soon. In the deploy folder of JBoss, I have the app.ear folder, the META-INF with its application.xml and MANIFEST.MF but nothing else. Sometimes I could get one of my EJBs to deploy.

The problem with this deployment issue is that it’s not giving me any kind of error. The “Problems” tab only contains harmless warnings and my project dependencies are correct. How can I know what the hell is wrong ?

More details:
    I was using MyEclipse 4.0.3 on Eclipse 3.1.1 but after upgrading to 4.1.1 on 3.1.2, the problem is still there.
    I’m running this on Windows XP SP2. I have only one other plugin: subclipse.

My projects look like this:

The MSA1, MSA2, MSA3 and Common_Domain are the EAR projects. I deploy each one in a different JBoss instance.

The modules in that ear project look like this:

My JBoss is setup like this in the preferences:

And the deployment looks like this:

I tried to deploy as .EAR file outside JBoss with the same result.

Any suggestions on how I could determine why MyEclipse is partially deploying my EAR project ?

Thanks a lot.

#249798 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Right click on all your projects and perform a “Refresh”, then do a Project > Clean and clean ALL your projects involved. Correct any build errors, remove and recreate your deployment.

THis issue is almost always the result of a project’s resources being out of sync (fixed with Refresh)

#249823 Reply

I’m quite impressed that it worked. I had already done the project -> clean many times and even refetched the whole thing from Subversion.

Thanks for the help.

#249839 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You’d be surprised how pissy Eclipse gets when it gets out of sync with the files on the file system. Refresh can do wonders for “weird bugs” at times. Especially if you are using Ant scripts or external apps to change your project contents.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Incomplete EAR deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in