facebook

initialization problem when starting up a big workspace

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

When I start MyEclipse with a large workspace I get many initialization errors and MyEclipse becomes unusable. I can’t do anything MyEclipse related.

I get the following warning:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 0 2007-09-11 15:17:01.271
    !MESSAGE While loading class “com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.classpath.J2EEClasspathVariableInitializer”, thread “Thread[Worker-7,5,main]” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Thread[Worker-1,5,main]” to finish starting bundle “update@../myeclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core_6.0.0.zmyeclipse60020070824/ [560]”. To avoid deadlock, thread “Thread[Worker-7,5,main]” is proceeding but “com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.classpath.J2EEClasspathVariableInitializer” may not be fully initialized.

and then many NoClassDefFoundError errors like:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/genuitec/eclipse/j2eedt/core/ResourceChangeVisitor
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.ResourceEventProcessor.resourceChanged(ResourceEventProcessor.java:115)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:282)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:276)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.broadcastBuildEvent(Workspace.java:295)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I will try to email the whole log file to the support team.

#275466 Reply

Riyad Kalla

pkorros,
    Thank you for the log. This looks like an installation problem more than anything… I’m seeing a ton of “NoClassDefFoundErrors” which shouldn’t be happening unless your installation is corrupted, or your workspace contains stale state that is incorrect.

The easiest way to try and fix this is to restart using -clean as outlined here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#275478 Reply

After cleanup i still get the same errors. I will send again the after clean up log.

#275486 Reply

Riyad Kalla

pkorros,
    I took a look at the new log you sent and it’s still the same set of errors. The NoClassDefs alone are going to cause major problems because the classes they are complaining about not finding are *core* MyEclipse/platform classes. If those aren’t loading then things aren’t going to work smoothly.

I would encourage you to download our MyEclipse 6.0 All in One installer. Install it to a *brand new* directory, then open your existing workspace with it. What happens then?

NOTE: When asked for the Start Menu group to create, make sure it isn’t named the same as any old/existing ones so you know you are running the right version of MyEclipse 6.0 when you fire it up.

#275797 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

#275804 Reply

#275840 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#275864 Reply

#275912 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: initialization problem when starting up a big workspace

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in