facebook

Install Mylar in MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zhihai

I got an error when I tried to installed Mylar in MyEclipse. The remote site is http://download.eclipse.org/technology/mylar/update-site/e3.2 as listed in Mylar download page. The error is “Mylar Focused UI (Recommended) (2.0.0.v20070216) requires “org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime””.

I installed MyEclipse using the Windows all-in-one installer. It has version 5.1.0 GA, build ID 20061111-5.1.0-GA. Java version is 1.5.0_06-b05. OS is Windows XP Professional SP2.

I wonder if someone has seen this before. Thanks in advance.

#266954 Reply

jhm

I had the same problem with another topic. It seems that MyEclipse does NOT contain the standard Eclipse SDK: the PDE is missing.

#266969 Reply

zhihai

There must be a lot of people who need PDE for plugin development. Why does MyEclipse exclude PDE? More importantly, how to get PDE installed for MyEclipse?

#266978 Reply

Riyad Kalla

zhihai,
    You are correct in the All-In-One we don’t ship the PDE (something we may change going forward).

You should be able to install it by using the Update Mangaer with the 2nd option “Find and install new features” then using the Callisto Discovery site. From there you should be able to install the PDE.

And easier way might be to include both the Mylar and Discovery sites in your “Search for new features” run, then select Mylar and hit the dependencies button on the right that will select all missing dependencies for Mylar automatically.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Install Mylar in MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in