facebook

iOS 8.1.1 and GPS issue _CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SeaFriends
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m facing an issue: Native Apps compiles by Mobione (2.6.3 up to date) no GPS data on Iphone 5S & 5C with iOS 8.1.1 (Ok on iphone 4 iOS 7.1.2) (Looks like without asking for Geolocation Right)
    Before the same code was ok. (Published on app store iOS & Android), but now new production of the same code does not work on iPhone 5S & 5C iOS 8.1.1
    Apps is ok on iPhone4, and most of Android devices 2.2 and more, but not with iPhone 5S & 5C iOS 8.1.1. (I don’t have iPhone 6 or more…)

Please let me know if it is genuitec side or not…

Regards,

#353103 Reply

Hi,

This is a known issue with iOS 8 devices and the geolocation plugin. One solution is to build the app using MyEclipse. I just created an app in MobiOne, added a button and in the javascript call show an alert of the current position. While it fails in the MobiOne build, importing it into MyEclipse and using PhoneGap Build service allows the same app to work correctly.

You can find the tutorial here if you have not seen or tried it yet:
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/mobione-apps-myeclipse/

thanks

#353124 Reply

SeaFriends
    Participant

Thanks for quick answer really appreciated !

I take time to initiate myself on myEclispe that is really hopeful. But i’m not really at ease with it…
    I will follow the tuto and really hope it will help me…

Many thanks.

#353130 Reply

You’re welcome. Good luck.

#353136 Reply

SeaFriends
    Participant

It’s ok for me now, half a day to migrate and understand, a very usefull tuto !
    I’ve try, without success, to do it by myself. The template script to migrate mobione apps is just magic !
    I look forward to recover the GUI design tool in MyEclipse …

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: iOS 8.1.1 and GPS issue _CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in