facebook

ipa won’t install on iphone4s/iOS6, Mobi2.2.1, CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ramesh

This the third application which I am trying to upload.
    First two apps are working fine and there are no issues and I am thankful to you.
    This application I have developed and working fine.The problem is “ON IOS build” it is building up.When try to install on the deviceI get the following message
    “Unable to download application-……Could not be installed at this time.”

My device Iphone 4s.Software is IOS 6
    Mobione version is 2.2

The previous applications were built and uploaded with your earlier versions.

I have tried couple times with different combinations of certificates and provisioning but i get same message.
    I also tried with another device even then same message is shown

I wanted to try with your earlier version of mobione.It is unfortunate that is not supporting the programs developed with latest version of 2.2
    please help us
    ramesh

#331254 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@ramesh

We are trying to understand what might be the issue here. I have successfully built and tested a simple app installed on iphone4/iOS6 via the MobiOne over-the-air installer. There are a series of things that can go wrong with major new device release, iOS update and new iOS build software…. and then mobione update.

1) is this a new or different device you are using?
    – for example if it is a new device have you updated your provision profile(s) to include this device for ad hoc deployment.

2) do you have an older app, device and provision profile combination that you can build a new version of your app against? Doing this helps to isolate such problems more quickly.

#331297 Reply

ramesh

Dear sir
    My answers are under
    1) The devices are same
    device 1 is Iphone 4s with software IOS 6
    device 2 is Iphone 3 with software 4.2.1
    I did the following experiment.Tried to load the old application to both devices,Device 2 accepted.In device 1 it could not be installed I get the message
    “could not be installed at this time”

#331305 Reply

ramesh

Even now I have developed very simple application and tried to upload to the devices.
    It is unfortunate that in both the devices I get the message “”Could not be installed at this time”

#331326 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>device 2 is Iphone 3 with software 4.2.1

This is device/os are no longer supported by Apple. See this topic regarding Apple only supporting iOS 4.3 and greater as of the release of iOS 6

>I did the following experiment.Tried to load the old application to both devices,Device 2 accepted.In device 1 it could not be installed I get the message “could not be installed at this time”

We are checking on this issue.

#331343 Reply

Hi ramesh,

Looks like a missing provisioning profile on the device. More commonly the app is build with a bad provision profile:
    – ensure that your provision profile is for ad-hoc distribution; an app-store distribution profile is only valid for apps downloaded from appstore
    – ensure that your device’s UDID is included in the ad hoc provision profile, if not then the installation will terminate

#331354 Reply

ramesh

Dear sir
    Problem identified and solved.
    There was confusion is udid no.
    The first program was tested in july 2012.On similar lines I was working.In september 2012 the instrument had a problem and got it replaced from APPLE,this issue was totally missed out.With new udid no the program is working fine and I will be uploading to APPStores shortly.
    Thanks for your cooperation.
    regards
    ramesh

#331362 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>Thanks for your cooperation.

You’re very welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: ipa won’t install on iphone4s/iOS6, Mobi2.2.1, CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in